(Topic ID: 218022)

Gottlieb woodrails: Are their profiles all the same?

By Vintage-Pinball

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00514 (resized).JPG
before after (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Vintage-Pinball:

As for Silver, unfortunately the rails aren't present. I guess, seeing as the cabinet has been repainted too, an arcade owner decided to modernise it to not look so old when next to a shiny new machine

Don't be so quick to judge that your woodrails are missing. I've had a few woodrails come through my hands that were converted to metal rail, clearly in an attempt to make them look newer like the early 60's games that were coming on market at the time.

In each instance the metal rails were an aftermarket update that was available at the time and were applied over the existing woodrails. In each instance I removed the nails holding the metal rails to the side of the cabinet to reveal the original rails, some in exceptional condition.

#8 5 years ago

Here is an after picture from one such game with the aftermarket metal rails removed.

DSC00514 (resized).JPGDSC00514 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-woodrails-are-their-profiles-all-the-same?tu=MikeO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.