(Topic ID: 248466)

Gottlieb Wipeout, gives 10 balls then switches to a,b,c...

By jcar302

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bruinfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

So i'm new to gottliebs and setting one up.
Been giving a wipeout a refresh.
I'm enjoying how the machine is labelled mechanically, seems to be much simpler than a Williams.
But as for settings themselves, i'm still confused.

After changing the gal chip and adding a 2032 battery holder and new battery, the pin now works. Seems to play fine, except it gives me basically an unlimited number of balls.
It counts them to 10 (maybe 9, can't remember), then switches to letters, a,b,c...

Other times it will give me ball 1, then ask me to enter my initials, then give me ball 2,3 and do the same. Game will end after ball 3 like normal. (although lately it hasn't done this).

Am I nuts or did I mess something up in the settings.

Book says put in tournament mode with the other settings for normal in freeplay. Which I have done.

I've pushed the reset button on the main pcb, no change.

The skiers lights, always show 3 lit, regardless of what ball i'm on.

I'm no expert, but my guess would be either I have something messed up in the settings or a rom problem.

Any input is appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

Hopefully, someone else will jump in with more experience, but have you tried setting it up for pay-for-play instead of freeplay? If it works in one but not the other, then you may be able to narrow down the likely causes.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from bruinfan:

Hopefully, someone else will jump in with more experience, but have you tried setting it up for pay-for-play instead of freeplay? If it works in one but not the other, then you may be able to narrow down the likely causes.

I have left it on pay, when I credit it with the button it makes sounds like it's adding credits, but it doesn't.
Also have put quarters in it and the same happens. The surfer dude just takes me to add more coins. Credits never go up.

#4 4 years ago

I think I figured it out. The default setting for balls is 0, no clue why, but setting it to 3 ball, seems to have made everything right.

#5 4 years ago

Great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-wipeout-gives-10-balls-then-switches-to-abc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.