Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pin-it
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello All, Just noticed tonight, after cleaning scoring reels (damn, I know I should'nt have touched the damn thing!) that on player two, and only player two, the ones (units?) reel is advancing when it should not be. The below ONLY happens when in a two player situation. One player, no issues. I have noticed the advance though too when the credit wheel was advancing.

What happens (Not everytime, but most times) when the player two bank illuminates, or shuts off, I may get two or three extra points on the reel. The number of points is not consistent. I noticed that even when the credit wheel advanced, I got an extra point or two on the player two ones reel. What will also occur is when player one is live, I may get a few extra points scored on player two one's reel.

I took it out an compared it to the player one reel and the switch state appeared to be the same.

Is there anyone out there who may be able to shed some light on this please?

Thanks to all

George...

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Just noticed tonight, after cleaning scoring reels

If it worked prior to cleaning then you most likely bent the score reel contacts on the Player two ones reel contact leafs gap a little to close. < Tap a little vibration in the backbox to see it happen.

Quoted from GPS:

I took it out an compared it to the player one reel and the switch state appeared to be the same.

To fully check that^^^ Do this >>manually reset the reel to zero>then put small strips of paper between the contacts of the defective/operating reel to prove that you have the contacts gaps too close. Start and play a 2 player and , If it stops jumping/advancing the score,adjust(leaf switches) it for proper operation. < Showing you it that way to help diagnose with other things should you need to isolate a circuit.
Has happened to me on my 1000 s reel thinking I was getting high scores but turns out the contacts were too close.

To see how a score reel works ,scroll 3/4 way down till you see the animation(Steve Fury) shows how they operate > http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reel-issue

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-wild-wild-west-scoring-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.