Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mystic-
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey Guys, I'm working on a Wild Life 2 player game. The problem is it won't start a new game, I bought it as a project and I don't have the Schematic yet.
It turns on and the back glass lights up, i've checked all fuses and all seem well. the reset motor is working, as I press on all the relays I can get the playfield to light up and other relays will make the reset motor spin, one relay will latch when pressed. the start button on the front of the coin mech. doesn't do anything when pressed.
i've been pulling the relays one by one and cleaning contacts, but so far it hasn't changed anything.
Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated, until the Schematic comes i'm kinda flying blind..

Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

closing the RED to BLACK switch on the "K" relay, should lock the "R" relay on.
chk the "0" position switch on the replay unit, or credit unit, and motor 1C switch

1 week later
#3 7 years ago

everything has been cleaned and checked, seems the only thing that I can't get to work is the SB relays on the reset bank. i'm almost to the point that im considering unwrapping the wires and trace them by hand.
the back box has been gone through twice, I'm pretty sure all in clean and working as it should.
Would it be wrong to just trace the wires by hand to see what i'm missing?

#4 7 years ago

I suggest you get a schematic. Cutting the lacing that holds together the wire cable isn't recommended. It makes a mess out of the wiring, and it often doesn't really help very much in tracking down a problem. Tracing the physical wiring can be very confusing, particularly when a wire has been daisy-chained to various components.

As to the problem itself, can you start a game or put credits on the game using the coin switches, or are the coin switches also dead?

- TimMe

#5 7 years ago

I finally got the schematic, reading them has been a challenge. The wire color codes don't seem to jive with the machine.
I haven't tried to add credits at the coin door, I've been adding them at the box. I did however inspect and clean them.
I read that not only cleaning and inspecting the contacts on the start motor is good enough.
They also have to be gapped properly like the dwell on a car??
I've only been making sure those are closing, not thinking the duration of being closed is important.
Is it possible to be the cause of problems?

#6 7 years ago

"like the dwell on a car" no, they don't need a feeler gauge (are still used on cars?!).

They just, as you say, need to be clean, and clearly close and open when the cam/post pushes them.

This is the go-to read which may help with your schematic reading
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm
I read it all 3 times over when I got my first EM. I still check it regularly.

Also this is very handy:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-pinball-circuits-basics-to-not-so-basic

One problem with wiring is the colors can fade, for example the red can often look white. That just adds to the fun!

#7 7 years ago

I'll give them another read..
What was ment by the "Dwell" was just the duration the contacts stay in touch with each other.
Will that make a difference in other coils getting properly energized?

#8 7 years ago

Yes, the dwell time of the contacts closing can impact a circuit. But as 4Max says, all you need to focus on is having the switches clean and gapped correctly, and that will take care of setting the dwell time.

Do the coin switches work, or are they dead?

- TimMe

#9 7 years ago

Yes, just tested them and they work and add credits.

#10 7 years ago

Check the kick switch/tilt unit on the bottom to insure the switch is right.

#11 7 years ago

it looks good, nothing touching that shouldn't be..

#12 7 years ago

It's getting a little frustrating.. I know there's an issue somewhere but it's hiding well..
I got power to the button on the outside of the coin mech and I can add credits there. I push the button and the Score motor turns 120deg, then the R hold relay latches and the S start relay pulses... thats the end of it.

#13 7 years ago

Okay! Got most of the game working, found a wire off on the reset bank.
Everything seems to work except the ball count wont advance...

#14 7 years ago

Solved.. score real problem was contacts on the ZB relay.. machine is working 100% now.. finally!
To all you Newbies out there like me with these EM machines.. DON'T GIVE UP! keep plugging away, you'll find it.. it's worthit's worth the effort!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 15.00
Tools
JuanSolo's modshop
Tools
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-wild-life-wont-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.