• Latest reply 1 year ago by shado01
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

My Wild Life starts fine, everything lights up. When I hit the start button, all the score reels reset to zero, the ball is kicked out into the shooter lane, the step relay shows ball 1 in play, but when I plunge the ball into play nothing registers, no points. None of the roll over buttons, roll over switches, stand up targets register points, the pop bumpers don't fire or register points. The kickers actually "kick" but again no points are registered. The flippers don't activate. If I manually place the ball in the drain trough, the ball is kicked out to the shooter lane and the step unit advances to show ball 2, but again nothing registers on the playfield when I plunge the ball into play. Any suggestions?

#2 1 year ago

My similar era Gottlieb has a switch which activates via a rollover in between the kickout and the shooting position, if not activated the game does not allow play, as you have described. Prop up the playfield and take a look and see if you have that switch and if it’s being activated, adjusted correctly and so forth.

#3 1 year ago

mdo1998 is referring to the trough switch here:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 1 year ago

If the ball in play light is advancing, then the trough switch is most likely working fine.

Do you have the schematic? There will be another switch, or switches, along the right side vertical buss line on the schematic that turns on power to the playfield and scoring features as one of the final steps in the bootup process. Perhaps you, or some other Pinsider could post a snippet of the lower half of the right side vertical circuit line?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from shado01:

The kickers actually "kick" but

(couldn't resist)

Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

There will be another switch, or switches, along the right side vertical buss line on the schematic that turns on power to the playfield and scoring features as one of the final steps in the bootup process. Perhaps you, or some other Pinsider could post a snippet of the lower half of the right side vertical circuit line?

I looked at that "right side vertical buss line on the schematic that turns on power to the playfield and scoring features". However that circuit also supplies power to the working kickers.

#6 1 year ago

Is this a new problem? Jones plugs all inserted ok?

#7 1 year ago

Is the roll over switch referred to a normally open or normally closed switch?

"My similar era Gottlieb has a switch which activates via a rollover in between the kickout and the shooting position"

Thanks

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from shado01:

Is the roll over switch referred to a normally open or normally closed switch?

The Trough switch on Wild Life is normally open.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from HowardR:

(couldn't resist)

I looked at that "right side vertical buss line on the schematic that turns on power to the playfield and scoring features". However that circuit also supplies power to the working kickers.

Interesting.
Broken off wire somewhere?

#10 1 year ago

I found the solution to my problem, score motor position 1C, switch 5, was not closing. That switch closes contact to playfield circuits.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.