• Latest reply 6 years ago by PinPilot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Jungle-Work-05 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

It should engage only when you get the 500 pt roll-over in the midfield lane above it, but its engaged all the time. From the start of ball 1, its engaged. When the game goes through its start up sequence, it does disengage, But just as it serves the ball to start a new game, it re-engages for the duration of the game.

The kicker gate coil is labeled "BB", and there is a hold switch on the score motor dedicated to it, but I can't get the gate to disengage no matter the position of the switch. Open or closed, it has no effect, the coil stays engaged.

Any ideas?

#2 6 years ago

Hard to tell without the schematic.

#3 6 years ago

Does the game score any points after the startup sequence? Do switches cause the game to score 1s, 10s, 100s etc? Or does one not work properly?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Briehl:

Does the game score any points after the startup sequence? Do switches cause the game to score 1s, 10s, 100s etc? Or does one not work properly?

The game plays 100% correctly, and all scoring is correct. The only issue is the kick out gate, which is on the lower left of the playfield, is always engaged, meaning it always saves your ball and kicks it back out onto the playfield. The gate that controls whether your ball drains or kicks back out is supposed to engage only when a dedicated rollover switch in the left mid side lane is closed, also scoring 500 points. In other words you're supposed to earn it, it shouldn't be on all the time.

There is a similar lane on the right side whose rollover switch controls the lower right ball return gate, which returns the ball to the plunger instead of draining it. This gate works, only engaging when the rollover switch is hit.

#5 6 years ago

FYI, there are 2 rollovers on the playfield left side that engage it. One at the left inlane and one part way up the playfield on the left. Since you are not apparently getting any phantom points when your ball is served, I would check the lock-in switch on BB itself. If it is wired like Jungle, that BB lock-in will be WH-BR and BR-WH. If that doesn't work I would check both triggering playfield rollover switches.

#6 6 years ago

Hi jeffc and PinPilot
I happen to like to do some "work" in Ms-Paint --- to support You: The snippet from the schematics (Jungle). Greetings Rolf

0Jungle-Work-05 (resized).jpg0Jungle-Work-05 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi jeffc and PinPilot
I happen to like to do some "work" in Ms-Paint --- to support You: The snippet from the schematics (Jungle). Greetings Rolf

Jeffc, Rolf, you are the best! Thanks especially Rolf for the diagram. If I were in Switzerland, I'd gladly buy you a beer or six!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPilot:

Jeffc, Rolf, you are the best! Thanks especially Rolf for the diagram. If I were in Switzerland, I'd gladly buy you a beer or six!

So did you fix it or what? What was the problem? Might as well post it here so when someone else has this issue they can find a solution for it.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Briehl:

So did you fix it or what? What was the problem? Might as well post it here so when someone else has this issue they can find a solution for it.

Yes, it was the second rollover switch in the ball return lane. I was blind to the fact that the gate was controlled by TWO rollovers, not just one. When I check the second one, sure enough, one of the switches in the pair were making contact. Simple fix, it shows that it pays to slow down sometimes. With 8 machines in my repair que, I get in too much of a hurry sometimes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-wild-life-ball-kicker-gate-always-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.