Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 days ago by Pinball-DOOD
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 39 days ago

Was helping a friend out trying to get his Gottlieb Vulcan to work and couldn’t get it fully functional. Upon hitting start, all scores reset to zero but we run into the issue of the the game Cycling through players 1-4 over and over very quickly. I scanned the game for broken wire connections and scrubbed every Jones plug clean. Any idea of what else should be done? Thanks!

#2 39 days ago

The AX/Reset Completed interlock relay should trip when the game starts and reset once the reset sequence is done. Does it? If you manually flip it to the other side while the Player Unit is running does the Player Unit (and Score Motor) stop?

/Mark

#3 38 days ago
Quoted from MarkG:

The AX/Reset Completed interlock relay should trip when the game starts and reset once the reset sequence is done. Does it? If you manually flip it to the other side while the Player Unit is running does the Player Unit (and Score Motor) stop?
/Mark

I can try this! This is located at the bottom? Among the row of relays?

#4 38 days ago

I don't know where it is. It might be near the front of the relays in the bottom of the cabinet. It's usually mounted in a rack like most of the rest of the relays but it has two coils instead of just one because it's an interlock relay.

#5 38 days ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I don't know where it is. It might be near the front of the relays in the bottom of the cabinet. It's usually mounted in a rack like most of the rest of the relays but it has two coils instead of just one because it's an interlock relay.

Sounds good! Thank you. I’m sure it’s labeled, too

#6 37 days ago

Hi pinball-DOOD, MarkG +
I like the video in pinrepair.com : http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#axrelayvideo (the video is about adjusting such AX- etc. relays) - at (exactly) time 2:27 - 2:45 we see the AX-Relay activate and de-activate. Greetings Rolf

#7 32 days ago

UPDATE: So I adjusted the AX relay and it would fire but would just hold to one side. When I would manually depress the switch, it would reset but then immediately flip back and cause the game to cycle. Anywhere else I should check? Seems like the relay keeps wanting to energize over and over. Thanks!

#8 32 days ago

Check your coils and see if any of them look really toasted. I just recently picked up the 2 player version and there were 2 coils that were bad that did not allow it to start up all the way. I think it was “game over” and “ball 1” relay under the playfield

#9 31 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Check your coils and see if any of them look really toasted. I just recently picked up the 2 player version and there were 2 coils that were bad that did not allow it to start up all the way. I think it was “game over” and “ball 1” relay under the playfield

I do remember a few burnt ones! Is there any way to meter them?

#10 31 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-DOOD:

I do remember a few burnt ones! Is there any way to meter them?

Check the ohms on them. If they are under 3.0 they are most likely bad

#11 31 days ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Check the ohms on them. If they are under 3.0 they are most likely bad

Ah, gotcha. I will get back to you! Where can I find replacement coils?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 10.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 244.99
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,500.00
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside