• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by YEM88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hey guys,

Got this machine going after a lot of cleaning and replacing a couple of burnt relays. My problem now is 4th player score reel is adding 1000's when it should only be adding 100's. Both reels move simultaneously. Any thoughts on what to check from here?
Thanks

#2 11 years ago

I haven't worked on many Gottliebs so check all this against reality, but the basic sequence is switch>score relay>score reel.

Is this with all 100 pt switches or just one switch? Are your score relays clean and adjusted?

Do you have a score multiplier of some kind that could be stuck?

#3 11 years ago

Check the '9' position switch on your 100's reel. Probably too close. Check switches to make sure clean and adjusted properly. If having to adjust, tighten the switch stack screws 1st tightening the one screw closest to the blades first. Good luck.

www.Team-EM.com

#4 11 years ago

p.s. also check your score reel EOS switches and make sure they are clean and operating properly.

www.Team-EM.com

#5 11 years ago

I checked the 9 position switch on the 100's reel and it was contacted even when it was not in the 9 position. A little adjustment and now it works! Thank you for the help! A few more adjustments here and there and this machine will be in nice working order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-vulcan-4th-player-score-reel-adding-too-many-points and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.