You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1873.jpg
IMG_1872.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Yo!

I traded my Dolly Parton pinball for a Gottlieb Volcano pinball, and it it works except the Music/sound, thats completely dead, and when i was going through the boards in the backbox, i noticed that the souncard thats installed in this machine doesnt look at all alike the one thats depicted in the manual, no switches and its smaller.

What sort of soundcard do i have in this pinball? Have it been switched out? This soundcard have no identification on it except "Copyright Gottlieb 1980" in one corner.

Help a brother out, bros!

IMG_1872.jpgIMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1873.jpgIMG_1873.jpg

#2 8 years ago

This is the first time I've ever seen a early style sound board installed in a Volcano. Cool, it must be an export game since the sound ROM seems to have the corect assigned number. My game has the sound/speech board in it. "Throw me a sacrifice". Have you looked at the sound board fuse yet?

Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

This is the first time I've ever seen a early style sound board installed in a Volcano. Cool, it must be an import game since the sound ROM seems to have the corect assigned number. My game has the sound/speech board in it. "Throw me a sacrifice". Have you looked at the sound board fuse yet?
Steve
System 80, not just a job, it's an adventure

So, it is normal then, supposed to sit in this game?

Ive checked all the fuses (i always do that right away with a new game) and i found one fuse up underneath the gamefield on F11 (10A 32V i think it says) that was cracked, but thats the only one i found.

And it says "Manufactured for MONDIAL Exclusively for EXPORT" on a bar.

#4 8 years ago

Most Volcano's in Europe are like this unfortunately.... Same about Devil's Dare. I "retrofitted" a few Volcano's with a soundspeechboard and the "wooden" powersupply for it in the cabinet. So much better!

Marco

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

Most Volcano's in Europe are like this unfortunately.... Same about Devil's Dare. I "retrofitted" a few Volcano's with a soundspeechboard and the "wooden" powersupply for it in the cabinet. So much better!
Marco

So, i am better of finding a original soundcard then try to fix this one up?

Where did you find the soundcard and powersupply?

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

I am still looking for someone who have those two boards (cheap if possible).

#7 8 years ago

I have a power supply for this, but shipping would make this to expensive.

#8 8 years ago

Yeah, its a downer, but around here a deal with the whole package (renovated used soundcard + used powersupply) cost 280 buckaroos, as far as ive seen.

#9 8 years ago

Yea the soundboard is not cheap. And it has 1 chip on it that alone is $40ish.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-volcano-soundboard-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.