Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_8893 (resized).jpg
IMG_8890 (resized).jpg
IMG_8884 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

I just picked up a Gottlieb Volcano & the back glass is shot. Pealing and needs to be replaced. The one I picked up has green overlay on all the score windows and the credit window. When I look at videos out there I see some have the more traditional blue on those windows. Which color was original?

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Green5:

Which color was original?

I have a Volcano with good original back-glass, except for one spot. The windows are absolutely tinted green. When holding pure green next to it, you can tell it might contain a touch of blue/teal... very small amount. However if you hold blue next to it, it looks very green.

It might look like blue/cyan in photos from the front, but that's coming from the Futaba display. It's mostly green.

IMG_8884 (resized).jpgIMG_8884 (resized).jpg

IMG_8890 (resized).jpgIMG_8890 (resized).jpg

IMG_8893 (resized).jpgIMG_8893 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from sparky672:

I have a Volcano with good original back-glass, except for one spot. The windows are absolutely tinted green. When holding pure green next to it, you can tell it might contain a touch of blue/teal... very small amount. However if you hold blue next to it, it looks very green.
It might look like blue/cyan in photos from the front, but that's coming from the Futaba display. It's mostly green.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is what I thought, Thanks for the pictures. Picked up a reproduced back glass.

#4 2 years ago

Somebody really needs to remake this backglass. Volcano is a great game and lots of people could use one. I know I could.

10 months later
#5 1 year ago

I bought both of these volcano back glasses reproduced by Pinballbackglass80 on instagram. They came out pretty darn good. Green was used for the score windows and it looks pretty good.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Green5:

I bought both of these volcano back glasses reproduced by Pinballbackglass80 on instagram. They came out pretty darn good. Green was used for the score windows and it looks pretty good.
[quoted image]

He makes really good back glasses.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 2.50
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
Various other swag
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-volcano-back-glass-window-color and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.