9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

volcano.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingDaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Someone (private party) has a Gottlieb Volcano in decent shape (8 out of 10). What should I pay?

That beings said, I'm also looking at these which are all locally available.

Also, looking at earlier EM Gottlieb 4 Player models: Super Soccer (8/10 condition), Surfer (fully working 6.5/10 condition), and Target Alpha (needs restoration)...

Part of me likes the EM' better, because of their nostalgic appeal. Any thoughts on value etc. This will be my first pinball purchase.

#9 9 years ago

All things being equal, would a Sys80 be harder to deal with than an EM? Are the parts hard to get?

2 months later
#20 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Here is one that a pinsider was selling before Allentown for $600 that I bought. Playfield is excellent for this game, really nice, mostly mylar. The backglass has/had a bubble spot on the ''V"" that was sealed.
It had a gremlin or two, but it came with a new niwumpf CPU board too, and we played this in my hotel room at the show. (Gremlin was a few connector pins were bad)
Everything works 100%, and if someone offered $1200 for it, I probably wouldn't sell it. So for what it's worth, that's what I value it at. Often times I ignore what people say a game is worth, based on how often I myself come across it. When I found a Gottlieb PUNK!, It was in poor to fair condition overall, and a buyer bought it for $3,000. That same buyer also knows I would buy it back in a minute for $3,000, yet the price guide probably lists that game for under a grand. Good luck finding one...
Volcano is a unique, fun, classic pinball from 81'. It had some pretty unusual features.
Gottlieb from this era always tried to do outside the box/neat gimmicks on their games, and I applaud them for that, big fan of this early stuff. They lost me big time in the system 80b years, however.
volcano.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Very nice... If that one I was considering was that nice, I would be a Volcano owner right now...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingDaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-volcano-1981-price-check?tu=KingDaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.