(Topic ID: 196348)

Gottlieb Victory playfield kickers

By Sonora70

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

After time spent tracking wires and trying to read schematics I can't get this figured out (the schematics make no sense to me at all). Game boots, lights, music, and most of the playfield appears to be working. I still cannot get the 3 playfield kickers to work. They work during the solenoid test but they are not getting the signal to fire when the ball goes into the slot. I replaced the diode on the diode board that read bad on the meter but no change. I cannot trace the switch wire back to the control board. The "extra ball" kicker fires as soon as the ball enters the slot and kicks the ball out but the playfield goes dead during this time. Can someone lead me to the next checkpoint? Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

Unfortunately Gottlieb chooses to make it more difficult for you to obtain help by not allowing manuals and schematics to be published like most other manufacturers. So I can't look at the schematic and tell you exactly where to look.

Quoted from Sonora70:

I still cannot get the 3 playfield kickers to work. They work during the solenoid test but they are not getting the signal to fire when the ball goes into the slot.

In your switch test, are the switches for the three "slots" working? If not, the game does not know the ball is in the slot and so won't fire the kicker unless there is a ball search.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-victory-playfield-kickers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.