You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190522_204443 (resized).jpg
20190519_161950 (resized).jpg
20190519_162013 (resized).jpg
20190519_170102 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kstroble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Please help! My Victory was blowing the kicker fuse after about 20 to 30 minutes of play and recently burned up the upper kicker coil. I've replaced it with a new coil (A-19300) but I'm getting nothing from it after the ribbon switch is activated. I purchased a new A8 driver board, installed it and it blew the transistor out immediately after I turned the power on ($40 dollars down the drain). Could this be a Rectifier Diode (1N5401G)that has gone bad? The diode was warm after this happened. Please help! We miss our family tournaments.

20190519_162013 (resized).jpg20190519_162013 (resized).jpg20190519_161950 (resized).jpg20190519_161950 (resized).jpg20190522_204443 (resized).jpg20190522_204443 (resized).jpg20190519_170102 (resized).jpg20190519_170102 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

That's a pic of the old coil, it has a new coil in it now, and still shows to be good using a Volt meter. Are you referring to the big diode in the picture or the small diode going across the coil leads?

#6 4 years ago

I have not checked the small diode at coil, I replaced the coil about a month before the board.

I replaced the wires to the same sides they were on the original coil but I will check to see what side the diode bands are on.

#8 4 years ago

Yep ground was on wrong side. Is this what caused the transistor to blow on the pop board? So what caused the original coil to melt down?

#10 4 years ago

Great to know, thank you. You are referring to the small diode on the coil? Sorry, just want to be clear. Should I be cautious of the big diode (pictured) that's in line for the coil?

#14 4 years ago

Thank you for all the feedback. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

#15 4 years ago

Turns out , I cooked the new coil too.

#17 4 years ago

Both are bad, coil is .2 ohms, should be 7.8 ohms. That's on the copper leads not the diode so no good.

#19 4 years ago

Both of you are correct, coil is still good. Thanks to both of you. I'm learning a lot about this machine.

1 week later
#20 4 years ago

Success!! Although I figured out why there was a different coil, the A19300 coil is little weak and barely gets the ball up the ramp, sometimes after a couple of tries.

#21 4 years ago

Ok, the ball can't get up the ramp, I watched it go back and forth for over five minutes. Any ideas or suggestions?

#23 4 years ago

Its the top kicker coil. I put a A19300 coil back because it's what the machine manual says it uses. The coil that melted down was a SA3-23, which was in the machine when I got it. I'm assuming the SA3 is a hotter coil. Bu I did not solder the leads on the new coil, I used some spade terminals. Maybe that's the issue? I've even dropped the legs down to lower it in the back. That helped a little.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hickory, NC
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kstroble.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-victory-1?tu=kstroble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.