7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Onevox
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

going to pick up a Gottlieb with the centered translite lock. i don't think the owners have the key. advice for drilling it out? i'm worried the drilling will mess up the translite, or something else on the inside. anyone have a pic of the lock on the inside? also, I'm assuming i can't fold the head down unless I get inside and remove some bolts?
    thanks for any help.
    onevox

#2 7 years ago

Can't remember on my last gottlieb if there is security bit screws holding in the plate like in a Williams? You might not need to drill if you have security bits.

#3 7 years ago

If the lock is in the center in front of the translite, you should be able to remove the plate with a security hex bit.

#4 7 years ago

For a few dollars you can have a lock pick tool set. This job seems a bit of a mystery but it is actually very easy with a few simple tools. The movies make picking locks look REALLY easy, in reality it isn't much harder than most movies show for most simple locks (like pinball locks).

I'm aware that in some jurisdictions it is not legal to posses tools like this without a valid/lawful excuse.

https://world.taobao.com/item/534303518566.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.ZuNd7r#detail

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for the help. Security Hex Bit: I will need to pick up a set or borrow one. Any idea what size I'll need?

I found a youtube video, and it looks like 1/8" ...

#6 7 years ago

Not sure on size. You can buy a complete kit at harbor freight cheap

#8 7 years ago

I'm closing this thread. I picked up 32 piece set at Tractor Supply for $5. It had the right bit, but then I couldn't get the cam to twist and release the translite. I drilled out the lock anyway. Then found keys hanging on the inside of the coin door. The old adage of working on pins: look for the easy solution first.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-translite-lock-drilling and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.