Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ts4z
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crassmage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have a Genesis in need of a new transformer. It is sys 80b. Would a sys 80 or 80a transformer also work as a replacement?

#3 10 years ago

What do you mean by prints? I dont have a manual for Genesis only one for Monte Carlo (also 80B)

#5 10 years ago

I am still not 100% sure it is my problem I am just covering my angles. I have no displays on my Genesis and have traced it back to the fuse on the bottom of the cabinet which is showing basically nothing voltage wise , next to it I have another 80b and the same fuse on that one shows 27-30v or somewhere in that range and the displays work. Both fuses are fine too.
The genesis displays work when installed in the monte carlo so I am good there. The only other thing could be a bridge maybe? New to this area of the machine. I will have to do a more in depth check on things to be sure as the game is not at my house. Just thought maybe this could be my issue. I hit all of the lines coming out of the transformers on both machines. All matched up except one which was near nothing on the genesis and had a good voltage on the monte carlo.
Thanks for the replies Patofnaud.

#8 10 years ago

WOW that is some good info. I will have to check everything this weekend and let you know my results. Thanks again

1 month later
#9 10 years ago

Ok so really none of the info above is matching up with my machine at all. I dont see any test points( tp1 tp2 etc) on the A2 board and the F1 fuse under the PF is a normal blow 250v. The A2 board is mainly the 5v to the displays etc. So I am kind of at square one again. I may be misreading it too. Where are the test points located on a system 80B?

#10 10 years ago

bump.............

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crassmage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-transformers?tu=crassmage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.