• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Boatcat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello-
I believe that I'm missing at least one sound on my Totem machine. Specifically, I hear a low growl sound on other videos which my machine does not make.

Does anyone else have an original sound board? If yes, could you run the board self test and confirm if mine is malfunctioning? I notice that the sound doesn't occur during the self test, so I assume the problem is on the board itself, not the driver board. Here's my board under the self test:

I also noticed that the rom socket looks like an old scanbe socket. I have replacement sockets on order. Also odd is that my rom is labeled as "L-snd", yet it definitely is making Totem sounds. Odd...

Thanks in advance for any help!

James

1 week later
#2 5 years ago

Well responding to myself here. I got a new sound prom and it fixed the problem. I don't totally understand why the wrong prom would play some of the totem sounds, but so it is. I also replaced the cheap socket, but the old prom still didn't work correctly, so it definitely was the prom. It's very odd to me. The actual sounds aren't on the prom? Or maybe some games shared sounds. Not sure, just glad it's fixed.

#3 5 years ago

L prom is for Genie.
It uses the same type of sound board.
I just played a game on both games (Visual Pinball) and they use the same kind of sounds.

Peter

#4 5 years ago

Your board sounds good! The designated proms probably differ in assignments of sound output of each playfield switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-totem-soundboard-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.