(Topic ID: 150011)

Gottlieb Totem Rollover and Target issue

By Rebelkustoms

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello All, contunuing my work on the new Totem I got. replaced the power supply and got it to power on and play. Its looking pretty good with the exception of the rollovers at the top of the playfield. and the standing targets behind the drop targets. It seems none of these are working. The rollovers on the top of the playfield stay lit even when the ball goes down one of the gutters, I didnt get a chance to see if they are scoring or not. Also once the drop targets drop, there is a stationary target behind each bank of 2 drop targets. these are not scoring. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

Bumping this topic. Let me know if anyone has any insight.Thanks Again!

#3 8 years ago

About ABCD rollovers - check connector J7 pin 10 (usually is orange-blue-blue stripes on white )
(check BOTH sides - on the cable and at the MPU board

For stationary target behind, first check 10 points "rubbers" or "bulls eye" target, if they works problem
is broken wire under PLYF (or diode on diode board), if NOT - again connector J7 but (this time) pin 11 !!

3 weeks later
#4 8 years ago

Thanks Cro-Pinman I came back here to mark this as solved as I talked to the previous owner and he ran into the same problem, said to wiggle connector like you did and it worked. Now I have an unrelated problem of the drop targets not resetting. I havent got inside the box yet to check things out, But I will post on it soon. Thanks again for your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ajax, ON
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 7.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-totem-rollover-and-target-issue-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.