5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JMPT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TPmeter (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmpt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi.
    Has anyone ever tried to take apart a Total Play Meter ? (and put it back together!)
    I have looked all over the web, and found absolutely nothing. No spare parts, no units for sale. Nothing, people just don’t care about them…
    The problem with my unit is that when the coil activates, the first digit does not completely move to the next number, it just goes back and forth about ½ a number.
    You can view an animation of what happens at this address :
    http://jm-thoridnet.fr/flipper/meter.mp4
    There is a sprocket on the inside of the first reel, which is pushed on by the plastic part when it moves down. Something is probably worn in one or both these parts, the reason why it doesn’t rotate as much as it should. Basically the first reel is the motor.
    The way the next reel in line is incremented, is the little piece of ”cog” you see between the firsts’ reels ‘ and 5, that is the same for all the others except the last, which when it comes down to the little black cog below, turns the next reel, and so on…
    I think the only thing you can do is remove the top axel that holds the number reels. There is a circlip behind the washer next to the “9”, which in my opinion keep the axel in position. You can also see a spring before the washer

Thanks, JMPT

TPmeter (resized).JPGTPmeter (resized).JPG
    #7 5 years ago

Thank you.

I agree that it’s ’’more fun to compete’’ with the fixing aspect, plus you keep the original machine intact, but it’s good to have a safety net ! There is no reason not to try now.
    Where can you buy one ?

On the fixing side, I imagined correctly, that the hard part is putting it all back together especially the reels and that little spring + washer and circplip which if I’m correct keeps the axel from slipping out. An idea might be using a paper clamp to keep them together ??
    What problems did you encounter ?

JMPT

#8 5 years ago

yep you’re right found one on ebay US :$ 14.95 +$28 shiping...
    JMPT

3 weeks later
    #9 5 years ago

If you are interestedin repairs I started a new post : How to disassemble and reasssemble a Total Play Meter.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmpt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-total-play-meter-repair?tu=jmpt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.