5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by JMPT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TPmeter (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider essmeier.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

I took a Williams unit apart a while back because it wasn't working. Turned out to have a burned out (and badly melted) coil.

While swapping out a coil is easy, doing anything else with a play counter is not. They're a nuisance to disassemble and reassemble, and as others have pointed out, you can pick up a used working one for about $10 on eBay, which, as it happens, is what I had to spend to buy a new coil.

You could probably fix it, but for me, this falls into that "life's too short to spend much time on this" category.

My 2¢. YMMV.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider essmeier.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-total-play-meter-repair?tu=essmeier and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.