Gottlieb Torch non working for $150?

By dbeeson

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I was offered a Torch for $150 last night. Everything is in good shape, owner says it boots up and ejects a ball to start a game but targets don't work, they don't come back up whe they're hit.
Is it worth it?

Thanks!

#2 12 years ago

Mr Pinball Guide says $475. I'd say closer to $350 is more like it depending on condition. The question is, Is it worth it to you? You could easily hit $150 in parts by the time you're done. If it's a machine you would want, go for it.

#3 12 years ago

yep

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

If it's a machine you would want, go for it.

I'm upside down in a couple of mine, but the games rock... maybe games only a mother could love... but I love them

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

maybe games only a mother could love

nope, your collection rocks imo

#6 12 years ago

Try for 100. I got my hulk for that but everything was trashed. Add a pascal for around 350-400 and it's a perfectly working game. Xtraball near me has one. Decent system 1

#7 12 years ago

In a heartbeat. lots of parts for system 1

#8 12 years ago

Yeah, I love my Torch. Scary looking athletes for artwork, but I love the mix of gameplay and early solid state Gottlieb sounds. Need to think of it as a game you might break even with if you decide to sell it later, probably not a money maker. It sits next to my Joker Poker, another system 1 classic.

#9 12 years ago

Thanks for all the replies. I should mention that it is being delivered for $150. I would imagine I'll end up going for a pascal in the end if I really want to keep it. Not sure if it's worth the trouble for this game though, I've never played one...or any system 1 games for that matter. I'm looking for a project I guess.

#10 12 years ago

Figure $100 in parts which is low and your are going to spend a lot of time for a game that is universally considered terrible. IPDB has it at a 6.8 which is about as low as it gets, I don't think it's worth the time unless you really want a new game.

#11 12 years ago

Get it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-torch-non-working-for-150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.