Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image1(7) (resized).jpeg
300 Photo From IPDB (resized).png
image1(6) (resized).jpeg
IMG_4122 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4121 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4120 (resized).JPEG

#1 11 months ago

I'm getting close to firing up the 1975 Gottlieb Top Score I've been restoring. Got most of the cabinet, bottom board, and head back together. Some photos below.

Still need to do a small touchup or two on the playfield and the final waxing, and then reassmeble the playfield before trouble-shooting.

I have a few loose-ends to fix as we head down the home stretch here, and the first one is reflected in the video below. Would appreciate insights.

IMG_4120 (resized).JPEGIMG_4121 (resized).JPEGIMG_4122 (resized).JPEG
#2 11 months ago

It's been a couple/three years since I went through one, but I'm pretty sure what you're referring
to suppose to just hang down so after the balls past through, it prevents them from bouncing then
rolling back up the ramp. Maybe someone else can confirm, but I'm 85% on that..

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from Mopar:

It's been a couple/three years since I went through one, but I'm pretty sure what you're referring
to suppose to just hang down so after the balls past through, it prevents them from bouncing then
rolling back up the ramp. Maybe someone else can confirm, but I'm 85% on that..

Ok so that little wire arm would actually hang down below the L-shaped bracket I currently have it resting on top of? Thank you for the tip!

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Ok so that little wire arm would actually hang down below the L-shaped bracket I currently have it resting on top of?

Yes, I'm pretty sure..
Say, nice job on the cabinet!

#5 11 months ago

Ok, so my second question: Can someone with a Gottlieb 300 provide assistance on which wires go to which coil lugs on the chime unit?
image1(6) (resized).jpeg

#6 11 months ago

Ok, so my second question: Can someone with a Gottlieb 300 provide assistance on which wires go to which coil lugs on the chime unit?
[quoted image]

Hi. Does this 300 photo from the IPDB provide the needed guidance/information?

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2539&picno=43468&zoom=1

300 Photo From IPDB (resized).png
#7 11 months ago
Quoted from AvidListener:

Hi. Does this 300 photo from the IPDB provide the needed guidance/information?
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2539&picno=43468&zoom=1
[quoted image]

Thank you! Yes, I think so. I'm slightly color blind, but I think I'm making that out correctly!

EDIT: I should have just looked at my schematic. I had a momentary brain-lapse.

#8 11 months ago

Love this. I have a TS and am happy to see you do this. If you want some zippier action, separate the pop bumpers electrically by adding a relay so that each has it's own relay. PM me any questions.

#9 11 months ago

Third question (and I should know this, as I've reassembled a dozen or more of these): Does the ORDER of the two wires coming out of the Jones plug that bring power to the coin door, and the two wires that come off the front of the game to provide illumination to the coin plate, matter?

Or can either two be connected to either two where these screw together on the inside front-wall of the cabinet? If it matters, what's the right order on a Gottlieb Top Score?

image1(7) (resized).jpeg
#10 11 months ago

Does the ORDER of the two wires coming out of the Jones plug that bring power to the coin door, and the two wires that come off the front of the game to provide illumination to the coin plate, matter?

Or can either two be connected to either two where these screw together on the inside front-wall of the cabinet? If it matters, what's the right order on a Gottlieb Top Score?

Either way on the gi lights at the coin insert.

As for the chime wires your schematic will always tell you which one goes where.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 339.00
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 7,500.00
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 4,199.00
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside