• Latest reply 2 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Top Score Player unit reset (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Had to disassemble a friend's player unit to replace several broken parts and cannot seem to get it back together correctly. Have the manual and schematic but neither seem to be helpful. I need to know what buttons the wipers need to be on at "game over." The cams and switch stacks are doing what they should. Its the rest that I cant seem to get just right. My fault for not marking the alignment before disassembly but there is no telling that it was right to start with. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Shawn

#2 2 years ago

There may be a better way, but this should help. There are clues in the manual and on the schematic that should narrow down the correct positions of the wiper disc:
Top Score Player unit reset (resized).jpgTop Score Player unit reset (resized).jpg
At the top the manual points out that the P5A switch closes when reset is complete. The P5A stack activates only once during a game (shown on the last page of the manual).

The schematic also points out that it is drawn just after reset. Notice that the P5A switch in red is closed.

If you hunt through the schematic with that in mind you can find other places where the Player Unit wipers are specified. You can see for example that when the P5A switch is closed the 1st Ball In Play lights should be on so the Player Unit wiper disc should connect the yellow wire to the blue+red wire. If you manually advance the Player Unit one step (to position 1), the yellow wire should still be connected to the blue+red wire.

/Mark

#3 2 years ago

I understand. I think that may get me where I am going. I just thought there would be an easier way. Back in '75 with no phone pics I would have thought there would be an easy reference to align these things. Or maybe even marks? Crazy...

Shawn

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-score-player-unit-alignment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.