Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imag (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0Gtb-300-Work-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willbeEM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've had this problem for awhile now and have spent a fair amount of time trying to resolve it. When the start button is pushed the game will begin it's reset as described in the game manual, it then stops resetting with the AXR relay energized. The flippers and game components work just no ball to play with.
This makes for a very boring game says my wife....
If I reach way in through the coin door and give the motor wheel a wee nudge the motor completes its last 1/3 of a turn, ball pops out and all is good until the next game start. However sometimes (rarely and never when she tries...) the darn thing will complete the reset and the ball will be placed in play.
Any ideas or help would be much appreciated

willbeEM

#3 7 years ago

Hi Rolf thanks for the help,. I have enjoyed reading your replies to others on troubleshooting through schematics and hands on testing of the circuits. To answer your question, when I 'pushed' the motor forward it did rotate one third of a turn to the next stop point.

I have attached a snippits of the Top Score schematic, Ball Return 'O' RELAY circuit and the Ball Return Coil circuit.
Proir to my posting I connectivity tested all of the switch connections in the chain required to energize the Ball Return 'O' relay. All of the switches and connectivity in the 'O' relay circuits proved to be of good connection. When connecting the 'O' relay directly to the 25v source the relay worked, when manually actuating the 'O' relay, the Ball Return Coil energized and kicked out the ball, at first I did not understand the difference between the Ball Return relay and the Ball Return coil. When I did come to understand I then investigated that circuit including the 4C motor switch. All was good. At this point I am frustrated and posted my problem

After posting and seeing my issue written in front of me the idea of 'could the motor be stuck mechanically?' floated up. That research led my to the pinwiki page on Servicing and lubrication of the score motor. A few dozen q-tips and lots of careful cleaning with alcohol of all the working surfaces of the motor. Then a light lube using superlube of the working surfaces and a drop of 3 in 1 oil in the oil hole.
Voila it works.

This may have been a very frustrating process for me doing it the hard way but what I am taking away in experience is priceless!

Thanks again!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_imag (resized).pngpasted_imag (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Machine - For Sale
Sun City Centre, FL
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willbeEM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-score-not-kicking-out-ball-on-reset?tu=willbeEM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.