Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Gtb-300-Work-3 (resized).jpg
0Gtb-300-Work-2 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi and Merry Christmas everyone! I have a Gottlieb Top Score. I'm just really not sure where to start or look for a solution as I am pretty new to the EM world. Anyways, my Top Score will not score any points from the playfield, no matter what the ball hits or comes in contact with. No chimes either. But it will add bonus balls in the BG and it will score those bonus balls after the ball has drained. I have replaced a few broken switches on the score reels that I've located. Logically to me, it seems like there should be one switch or unit that is prohibiting PF scoring? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott

#2 7 years ago

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/

Read this, & then re-read. This is your bible.
Probably something simple like dirty jones plug connection. But I would follow Clay's advise in the EM guide & do it step by step.

#3 7 years ago

Looking at my Top Score schematic, the first place to check are the L (1000 point), M (100 point) and N (10 point) relays.
If you close a switch do they energize? For instance if you hit a kicker it should energize the N 10 point relay. That relay should stay energized until the 10 points are scored.

Hopefully folks with Gottlieb experience will chime in!

#4 7 years ago

Thanks folks! Off to try a few things..

#5 7 years ago

The dreaded "3rd" (smaller) Jones Plug in the backbox is probably not connected. It comes from the playfield.

#6 7 years ago

Hi Slogan1111, dr_nybble +
IF (if, if) You cannot move the flipper-bats: My JPG shows the wiring feeding electricity to the playfield-stuff. Please write about --- IF (if, if) "No moving of the flipper-bats": You / dr_nybble want to look up in the schematics of "Top Score" if the Top Score ALSO has this wiring. Greetings Rolf

0Gtb-300-Work-2 (resized).jpg0Gtb-300-Work-2 (resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Slogan1111, dr_nybble +
IF (if, if) You cannot move the flipper-bats: My JPG shows the wiring feeding electricity to the playfield-stuff. Please write about --- IF (if, if) "No moving of the flipper-bats": You / dr_nybble want to look up in the schematics of "Top Score" if the Top Score ALSO has this wiring. Greetings Rolf

Hi. Flippers work fine.
Something new to add, of course. Player 2 does score except for the occasional reel sticking. Player one does not score.
Rolf, can I ask a question about schematic reading. I'm getting better but still a little confused. So on the right side of your pix, following your red line, it passes over several dots. Does that mean the current can travel left at each of these dots? Like a sort of intersection? Or will it go that way relevant to what is supposed to happen next? Flowing where switches are open or closed. Basically, what are/do these dots represent?
Thanks for any clarification on this matter.

#8 7 years ago

Hi Slogan1111
without the schematics I cannot help on Your problems - but here some general information: Williams and Bally use the sign of a "hop-over" in the schematics when wires cross but the wires are not connected.
Gottlieb simply lets the lines cross.

GOTTLIEB ALWAYS makes DOTS to show "Connection".
Williams and Bally may use or may not use a dot to show connection, greetings Rolf

0Gtb-300-Work-3 (resized).jpg0Gtb-300-Work-3 (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Slogan1111
without the schematics I cannot help on Your problems - but here some general information: Williams and Bally use the sign of a "hop-over" in the schematics when wires cross but the wires are not connected.
Gottlieb simply lets the lines cross.
GOTTLIEB ALWAYS makes DOTS to show "Connection".
Williams and Bally may use or may not use a dot to show connection, greetings Rolf

Thanks Rolf. And yes, I do have the schematics for this Top Score. It's a learning experience for me at this point. I have some things to try & hopefully some stuff will connect in my brain & I'll get one of my favorite em machines cooking.
Happy New Year!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-score-game-plays-but-doesnt-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.