ts_ball3 (3) (resized).jpg
ts_ball2 (2) (resized).jpg
ts_ball1 (1) (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
IMG_0808 (resized).JPG
IMG_0806 (resized).JPG
IMG_0805 (resized).JPG
Top Score Add Player Unit (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingofKoopas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Gottliebs starting in tilt is 100% normally on initial power on. It's just a funny quirk about gottlieb ems.

If you put credits on the machine and press the start button the machine should spring to life. If not there might be an issue with the path of power to the S relay, so start there.

#37 6 years ago

Before ordering parts I'd watch a video on how to adjust the AX relay. If the plate seems sluggish, it can sometimes mean that the blades aren't putting enough pressure on the plate to move it back into position. I had the same issue on the bx relay of one of my games and a little switch adjusting fixed it.

I recommend trying what this guy says first. (relevant part starts at about the 3 minute mark)

1 week later
#45 6 years ago

From what I can see on the schematics, S should de-energize once when 2b opens, which happens on the last part of the motors 120 degree rotation, so that's working as intended. And yes it looks like the AX relay should keep the score motor turning. Keep fine tuning that AX relay, if you haven't already it might not be a bad idea to clean the switches as well. They can be adjusted properly, but if they're too dirty no amount of adjusting will fix it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingofKoopas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-score-barely-powering-on?tu=KingofKoopas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.