ts_ball3 (3) (resized).jpg
ts_ball2 (2) (resized).jpg
ts_ball1 (1) (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
IMG_0808 (resized).JPG
IMG_0806 (resized).JPG
IMG_0805 (resized).JPG
Top Score Add Player Unit (resized).jpg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the superglue + tape that HowardR mentioned first. Was there a particular type of tape that you used?

Of course I'd like to get the new repro plastic set but when I was looking online they cost about $117 + shipping from pinball rescue. I'd like to try to stay
away from that for now if possible. Has any of you tried to cut their own pieces? Of course it wouldn't be as good but I was thinking it might be the job done if the edges can be smoothed well.

Thanks again.

#102 6 years ago

Full disclosure: I've never done this. If the part isn't visible I'd think about fiber strapping tape. Otherwise I'd use clear packing tape.

#103 6 years ago

You could cut your own if you had a dremel router setup. I don't know what kind of plastic. It is more flexible than Lucite.

#104 6 years ago

It's glued for now. I'll test it tomorrow once it is cured.

If I were to cut my own I was thinking of using a very fine blade on a jigsaw (don't own a dremel at the moment) and then some sanding to smooth afterwards.

If I were to buy a new plastic set, is pinball rescue the only place that has them typically?

#105 6 years ago

So far the glue is working, I've thrown the ball up to that piece of plastic a bunch of times and it seems to be holding pretty well. I'm in the process of recreating it as well as a backup.

Another small issue I have has to do with the flippers. They generally work well, sending the ball up with a fair bit of force easily making it up to the end of the playfield. However, when I hit the ball with the edge of the flipper its nearly as hard of a hit. I noticed when I manually move the flipper by hand it moves slightly further than when the coil actuates. Don't know if the coil is suppose to move the flipper all the way either though.

I was wondering if I should just invest in a flipper rebuild kit (plungers, coil stops, bushings, sleeves, EOS)? I've adjusted the EOS switches already and that did improve things but they are not quite where they should be.

Thanks!

#106 6 years ago

D-Gottlieb willbeEM One quick question, does the game over light take a flashing #455 bulb? Thanks.

#107 6 years ago

I like the normal light #47 for the game over light. I like using the #455 for things like the volcano in the background of my Jungle queen. If I put one in I would put one behind the TOP SCORE label

#108 6 years ago

From my own personnel experience, flipper adjusting takes patience. Take them apart, put them together, play a game, adjust, play a game, rats not quite right, adjust, give up, play a game, rats wrong angle, adjust, play a game, I dunno if there is a trick to seeing both sides of the playfield at the same time. but once they are right its sweet! I put yellow dot coils in my flippers, those little upgrades fire the ball up the playfield in a hurry!

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

D-Gottlieb Willbeem One quick question, does the game over light take a flashing #455 bulb? Thanks.

That's what's in mine, but a 47 or 44 is usually what winds up in there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-score-barely-powering-on/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.