ts_ball3 (3) (resized).jpg
ts_ball2 (2) (resized).jpg
ts_ball1 (1) (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
IMG_0808 (resized).JPG
IMG_0806 (resized).JPG
IMG_0805 (resized).JPG
Top Score Add Player Unit (resized).jpg
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

Also, I'm a bit confused on how the replay wheel works (as stated above it thinks 5 is zero). Could someone explain how it works and how to manually add credits to it properly (don't know if I was doing it properly adding credits when I played around with it)? Thanks!

The replay wheel, or credit unit, is a stepper unit that steps forwards (to add a credit) or backwards (to subtract a credit) one step at a time. There is a solenoid for each direction. If you manually push the plunger into either solenoid and release it, you should be able to add or subtract one credit at a time if you're not at one limit or the other.

There are screws sticking out of the geared wheel that close the limit switches mounted above the geared wheel. One limit switch opens at 0 credits and the other opens when the maximum number of credits (15?) is reached. There's closeup video of a credit unit at www.funwithpinball.com/small-boards#CreditUnit

If your unit thinks that five is zero, it sounds like one of the limit switches is opening too soon. Have a close look at the end of the video to see how the zero limit switch should open.

/Mark

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

If your unit thinks that five is zero, it sounds like one of the limit switches is opening too soon. Have a close look at the end of the video to see how the zero limit switch should open.
/Mark

If it's on 5 but the game thinks it's 0, chances are you need to back the set screws off and spin the wheel back to 0 with it in the 0 position.

#53 6 years ago

The ball count stepper isn't advancing when the ball leaves the playfield? If that is what you meant, check the trough switch. There are supposed to be 10 red plastic balls in the backbox and 1 pinball.

#54 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I'm still having trouble accessing the replay unit itself, it's one of the half moon replay units on this machine, I've attached a couple of pictures. I'm having trouble even accessing it but there are no visible screws for me to take off to have a look at it. If someone could help that would great.

Also, one of the flippers make a humming/buzzing noise when actuated, would this be an issue with the coil?

Thanks.

IMG_0805 (resized).JPGIMG_0805 (resized).JPG
IMG_0806 (resized).JPGIMG_0806 (resized).JPG

#55 6 years ago

I'm having the same indefinite game issue as well. Going a bit crazy trying to figure it out.

#56 6 years ago

The flippers buzzing on a machine of this type is normal. I will add as long as they have the correct power. That credit unit is not that common and be easily bypassed if you want to set it for free play.

#57 6 years ago

My indefinite game resolved by cleaning and re-gapping P coil switch stack. Follow the solid blue wire from the trough switch to the P relay.
I really like my 443 dremal brush for cleaning switches.

Is the flipper coil nice and tight in the bracket?

#58 6 years ago

Not a big deal about the replay wheel. I'll just leave that. I'm just happy that the coin mech works so I can put in one credit at a time.

I was just fiddling with some stuff and the indefinite game issue isn't happening anymore, however there are a few more issues I'm starting to notice.

1) Both flippers seem to be kind of weak, is this due to the coils getting old or is there something else I should look at for this issue.

2) The ball play lights always light up for ball 4 and 5, but 1 and 2 rarely light up and 3 sometimes does. Sometimes when 1,2, and 3 light up it's part way
through the play for that ball, I tried replacing the #2 bulb since it has never lit up but still nothing? What would the most likely issue for this be, the sockets
perhaps?

3) Sometimes the ball in play skips #2 and goes to ball #3 so then I only have 4 balls instead of 5. Any ideas for this one?

4) How do the red balls in the animated back glass work in terms of points awarded and when are they suppose to be reset and pushed back down out of view? I find they sometimes get pushed down mid play when there are only a few red balls in view and I don't think its suppose to.

willbeEM I'll check out that dremel brush.

Thanks again for all the help, you guys are really helpful!

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

2) The ball play lights always light up for ball 4 and 5, but 1 and 2 rarely light up and 3 sometimes does. Sometimes when 1,2, and 3 light up it's part way
through the play for that ball, I tried replacing the #2 bulb since it has never lit up but still nothing? What would the most likely issue for this be, the sockets
perhaps?
3) Sometimes the ball in play skips #2 and goes to ball #3 so then I only have 4 balls instead of 5. Any ideas for this one?

Those are most likely related to the Player unit. Are the Player unit disc snowshoes (wipers) centered on the rivets? I can post a schematic fragment if that will help you.

#60 6 years ago

HowardR If you could post the schematic fragment that would be great. I think they seem okay, shifted a little to the right but not much, here's a picture of it, let me know what you think:

IMG_0808 (resized).JPGIMG_0808 (resized).JPG

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

howardr If you could post the schematic fragment that would be great. I think they seem okay, shifted a little to the right but not much, here's a picture of it, let me know what you think:

Probably OK but I recommend Alligator clip jumper wires to diagnose this kind of problem. Here's that schematic fragment.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#62 6 years ago

Okay, I'll check this out tomorrow. I have one quick question though. Inside the dashed lines for the player unit what does the 0-1, 4-5, 8-9, etc connections represent? Is it just to do with the couple of connections that get closed as seen in my previous image (post #60)? Thanks.

#63 6 years ago

The flippers have eos switches that are probably dirty, etc. They open at the end of the stroke and should have a 1/8 inch gap. Also clean the flipper switches in the cabinet.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

Okay, I'll check this out tomorrow. I have one quick question though. Inside the dashed lines for the player unit what does the 0-1, 4-5, 8-9, etc connections represent? Is it just to do with the couple of connections that get closed as seen in my previous image (post #60)? Thanks.

0 means the #0 position on the Player unit, which is 1st ball 1st player
1 means the #1 position on the Player unit, which is 1st ball 2nd player
positions #2 and #3 are for the 4 player version of the game ( "300" ) which is why you hear 4 clicks between balls on a 1 player game

4 means the #4 position on the Player unit, which is 2nd ball 1st player
5 means the #5 position on the Player unit, which is 2nd ball 2nd player
positions #6 and #7 are for the 4 player version of the game ( "300" ) which is why you hear 4 clicks between balls on a 1 player game

and so on

1 week later
#65 6 years ago

I finally got around to testing some of this stuff out, here is where I am at:

1) I was looking at the player cam and I think it is in the incorrect position to light up the ball in play light. For example, for ball 1, according to the
schematics, the #1 light turns on when the player cam closes the connection with the blue-red wire. However, when I was playing with ball #1, the player cam
was closing the switch with the brown-red wire (#3 ball). Also, for this example none of the ball in play lights were on. Has anyone delt with this before?

2) For the flippers, I adjusted the EOS switch a bit and I did a little bit of cleaning with a business card. I think it improved them a bit but it still doesn't seem to be quite there yet. I was planning to do a more extensive cleaning with either a nail file (emery board) or 400/600 grid sand paper. What would be best to use?

Also, one of the flippers gets a little stuck sometimes resetting, I think the sleeves/plungers in the coil may be a bit dirty. What would be the best way to clean these?

Thanks!

#66 6 years ago

Hey CP still fighting the good fight eh

There is a fellow here in pinside who goes by NicoVolta. He's got one of the #1 threads in pinside where he is going around visiting with, and fixing other pinsiders EM games. He promotes using a dremel with a 443 wire brush for cleaning contacts. I started out using a file,emery board....not no more, got me the brush! If you can your hands on a dremel order the 443 brush online from homehardware. I think it's $14.95 for two with free delivery to your local store. It's the best. Like Nic says swab, brush, swab. And for the plungers, mothers cleans best!
check out his thread he has some really good ideas and it is quite entertaining to follow his adventures
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games

#67 6 years ago

Here's some pictures of my player unit in action

ts_ball1 (1) (resized).jpgts_ball1 (1) (resized).jpg

ts_ball2 (2) (resized).jpgts_ball2 (2) (resized).jpg

ts_ball3 (3) (resized).jpgts_ball3 (3) (resized).jpg

ts_ball4(4) (resized).jpgts_ball4(4) (resized).jpg

ts_ball5 (5) (resized).jpgts_ball5 (5) (resized).jpg

ts_board1 (resized).jpgts_board1 (resized).jpg

ts_cam (6) (resized).jpgts_cam (6) (resized).jpg

ts_mirror crop (resized).jpgts_mirror crop (resized).jpg

#68 6 years ago

willbeEM Thanks, I'll have to keep any eye out for a good priced dremel, currently don't have one.

I've looked at the player unit cam and it seems to be in the correct positions even though the ball in play doesn't light up most of the time. It lights up sometimes for 1, never for 2, sometimes for 3, usually for 4/5. Also, ball 2 is sometimes skipped or it changes to ball 3 mid play, I have to play some more games to check this out. I haven't looked at the stacks themselves yet, something for me to do over the weekend.

While I was looking at the player cam I noticed one of the player 2 score reels(hundredths) doesn't reset properly, just moves one position, but the game still plays. The score reel itself looks pretty good, it has a very smooth, clean actuation so I don't think its a mechanical problem with the reel. I've noticed a good number of the score reels switches need some adjustment, a number of them either only stay open or closed when being actuated so I have to see what's going on with these. Another thing for me to do this weekend. I don't know if this could related to the ball in play light issue.

Also, the flippers have improved quite a bit, mostly due to adjusting the EOS switches.

Thanks!

1 week later
#69 6 years ago

Hey everyone,

I got the ball in play light issue figured out I think. Every once in a while the first ball seems to be skipped but for the most part it is working.
I'll have to play it more to figure this issue out.

I also fixed the score reels and they are resetting properly.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how scoring is working. I'm a bit confused on how many points should be scored.

For example, should I get points every time a target/rubber kickers/rail (don't know if rail is the correct word but I mean the depressable metal that balls roll over) is hit? Currently I don't always get points so I didn't know if I should.

How do the bonus lights work? I find some are on and they tend to just stay on, they don't seem to change if I hit the target or the metal switches that collapse with he lights on.

Also, this one is likely directed to you willbeEM since you own a top score, how should the animated back drop work? Currently mine is clearly not working properly so its a bit hard to tell. I was wondering if you could tell me which target shoots a ball up (is it only the one with the red light and is it only when its lit)? Are they also only suppose to reset after each ball is lost?

Thanks!

#70 6 years ago

You mean the rollovers. They will score anytime the ball rolls over one if the score motor is not turning or the pop bumper lights are off. The bonus balls in the backglass are added by the lit rollovers and star targets, 5 spins of the spinner or the yellow hole. There are 3 latch relays that lock in succession with the 3rd ball, 4th ball and 5th ball that cause more of the star targets to light. The target with the red light is a special and also a bonus target. I also own a Top Score and will be happy to answer any questions. From what you are writing, it sounds as if your machine just needs a general tune up or shop job.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

Are they also only suppose to reset after each ball is lost?

Anything lit for "add bonus" will pop up a red ball in the backbox. They count out individually at the end of each ball, unlike "Bowling Queen" et. al. which accumulate the balls during the entire game and dump them at the start of the next game.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Anything lit for "add bonus" will pop up a red ball in the backbox. They count out individually at the end of each ball, unlike "Bowling Queen" et. al. which accumulate the balls during the entire game and dump them at the start of the next game.

The red bonus balls will also count down anytime the the red saucer hole is made.

#73 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies. D-Gottlieb - Ya I'm sure this machine needs a lot of things tuned up, don't really know its background, I have a feeling it hasn't
been in operation for a while. This is my hobby project at the moment so I'm enjoying fixing things up myself. I have one thing I want to clarify about what you said earlier. Did you mean that when the pop bumper lights are on, the rollover should score points? Since what happens with mine is that the lights are on typically and then the lights go out when the ball actuates the rollover and then the lights come back on shortly afterwards and typically points are scored.

What happens with my machine is that every time a rollover/target are hit, either 0, 100, or 200 points are added typically and every few actuations 500
points are added (is that some sort of bonus since I see a 500 point relay in the schematics). Also, when it scores those 0, 100, or 200 points, the matching
number of chimes occur as well. I was reading on another thread that it could be dirty motor switches, is this possible, or is there another likely cause?

The kicking rubbers get 10 points and this seems to always be 10 points and the bumpers always get the corresponding 100 points as well.

I'll check out the red ball issue later, but currently what happens is that the red balls are shot up when they are suppose to be but when too many balls are up
there eventually one falls out (what ever is holding them up there must not be properly adjusted).

Thanks for all the help!

#74 6 years ago

It sounds as if the switches on the score motor that score the points aren't properly registering. Every rollover or target is supposed to score 500 points. That is 1/3 the full rotation of the score motor cam. So you might see 100, then 200, then 300 or something similar and then it will repeat. Don't go crazy cleaning all the contacts as that can get you into trouble. The pop bumpers will darken momentarily when the score motor is rotating and when that occurs, any target except a 10 point target will not score until the bumpers come back on.

#75 6 years ago

Ah okay, that explains why I was getting such a small number of points when I played, I thought it was just suppose to be 100 points for each rollover/target. I do get a sort of repeating pattern for the amount of points received for successive rollovers/targets. First is usually 0 points, the second is 100 or 200 typically, and then the third time its usually about 500 points. I'm a bit confused as to why this happens though. Isn't it the same switch closing each time? If so I thought it would get around the same number of points for each target/rollover. Obviously I'm wrong since the amount of points varies in a pattern of 3. If you could explain this that would be great.

So, I was also wondering which switches need to be cleaned on the motor? In the manual I see "Motor 1A -third switch" labelled for scoring so I was guessing it is this one, or are there others. According to the schematics I see another path with Motor 1c that connects with the targets/rollover switches but the manual does not say anything about scoring for that one.

Earlier, when I was talking to willbeEM he said it's best to use a dremel with 443 brush for cleaning contacts, I still haven't picked them up but I do have 450 and 600 grit sand paper, would it be best for me to get the dremel/brush first before I try to clean the contacts or is it okay to use the sandpaper?

Thanks!

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

Ah okay, that explains why I was getting such a small number of points when I played, I thought it was just suppose to be 100 points for each rollover/target. I do get a sort of repeating pattern for the amount of points received for successive rollovers/targets. First is usually 0 points, the second is 100 or 200 typically, and then the third time its usually about 500 points. I'm a bit confused as to why this happens though. Isn't it the same switch closing each time? If so I thought it would get around the same number of points for each target/rollover. Obviously I'm wrong since the amount of points varies in a pattern of 3. If you could explain this that would be great.

Nothing is perfectly round (except this https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSzY2RIVQAEffQJ.jpg ) including the motor cam, so the switch could easily connect intermittently.

#77 6 years ago

Switch 1A is it. You can rotate the score motor cam counterclockwise by hand. It will tilt up by pulling a cotter pin. You can also disengage the entire unit from the mounted bracket by spreading the ears carefully. These switches do get dirty and can make intermittent contact. Be careful not to disassemble it or go into it any deeper than your confidence dictates as this is the brain of the machine.

#78 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

I ended cleaning that 1A third switch and nothing else, however I have new issues after I did that. It did fix the scoring issue though, targets/roll overs always get 500 points now.

The new issues are that the 1st ball is always skipped, well what happens is when I turn on the machine and add coin everything resets and before I put the ball in the outhole it says ball in play is 1, then once the ball is put in the outhole and is ejected, then I plunge it to play and after a couple things that rack up points the ball in play 2 lights up). I was having this issue rarely originally but now it happens all the time.

Also, once you sink a ball it stays in the outhole for a really long time (>1 minute) before it is ejected for play. Similarly, this happens with the mystery bonus hole as well, could these be other issues that were masked by the 1A switch not working properly? Or could cleaning the 1A third switch adjusted the switch to cause these issues?

Thanks

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

The new issues are that the 1st ball is always skipped, well what happens is when I turn on the machine and add coin everything resets and before I put the ball in the outhole it says ball in play is 1, then once the ball is put in the outhole and is ejected, then I plunge it to play and after a couple things that rack up points the ball in play 2 lights up).

It'd help to know what the Player unit is doing while all this is happening.

Quoted from cperro:

I was having this issue rarely originally but now it happens all the time.

That's actually progress because intermittent problems are harder to diagnose.

Quoted from cperro:

once you sink a ball it stays in the outhole for a really long time (>1 minute) before it is ejected for play. Similarly, this happens with the mystery bonus hole as well

Is the machine sitting there quietly when this happens?

#80 6 years ago

Hey you've been busy, me too but not near my PC. Outhole and mystery hole taking awhile to kick out eh. How about the other hole 1000 points and scores bonus hole? All three operate the backglass animation only the mystery hole add bonus and the other count them down. Common element is the motor turns each time a ball is moved.

#81 6 years ago

If you haven't gotten a manual and schematic, I recommend doing so. To get this machine working by fixing one item only to chase down another is going to take you more time than if you follow this guide.
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Introduction

or Clay's guide
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#82 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies:

HowardR

Quoted from HowardR:

It'd help to know what the Player unit is doing while all this is happening.

So the player unit goes to the #1 ball in play position after the score reels are reset, the ball in play #1 light is also on. The player cam stays there after the ball is put in the outhole while the ball in play #1 light goes out when the ball is ejected from the outhole. Then once the first bunch of points are accumulated the player cam moves to the #2 ball in play position, this is the same time the ball in play #2 light turns on.

Quoted from HowardR:

Is the machine sitting there quietly when this happens?

yes I hear nothing happening inside the machine while this is going on.

willbeEM
yes all the holes are slow. What do you mean by the score bonus hole, I know of the mystery, 1000, and outhole. One thing I've noticed is that it's also not always slow though. Sometimes it can be faster. Is this likely just a dirty switch? I've been reading some of the forums/wikis and I know I've seen them talk about delay switches but I don't see anything on the schematics stating that so I'm guessing there should not be a delay, is this correct?

D-Gottlieb
Yes I do have the manual and schematics. I've looked at clays guide and that wiki that you have sent me as well, I think I just sometimes get overwhelmed with how much there is on the schematics. I know Clay recommends not to clean switches if your a newbie, such as myself, and so that's why I've been going about this one issue at a time method. I also gave a look through all the switches to see if they were properly opening and closing.

#83 6 years ago

I stayed away from the schematics when I tuned mine up. It was my first machine. However, I was able to see which switches were operating correctly just by moving the associated relay or whatever and see if the contacts were opening and closing. A light rub with a flexstone and then a quick blast with some dustoff and the switches are typically clean. I also tightened the stack screws as part of the cleaning. One relay that may be giving you a headache is the KS relay attached to the underside of the playfield. There are several threads about cleaning and adjusting that one. It unplugs from the machine so it can be easily looked at. It is a lot, but once it's adjusted and working well, it will stay that way for a long time.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

One relay that may be giving you a headache is the KS relay attached to the underside of the playfield

agreed it changes position with the movement of the spinner

1000 point hole = score bonus hole

no delay switches, just the time it takes for the motor to cycle

if memory serves correctly, while the ball is in the outhole the bonus is counted, after the ball is kicked out of the outhole and while it is under the apron it closes the hidden trough switch, that switch changes the player unit/ball count

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from cperro:

So the player unit goes to the #1 ball in play position after the score reels are reset, the ball in play #1 light is also on. The player cam stays there after the ball is put in the outhole while the ball in play #1 light goes out when the ball is ejected from the outhole. Then once the first bunch of points are accumulated the player cam moves to the #2 ball in play position, this is the same time the ball in play #2 light turns on.

Are these lights lit before it moves to ball 2?

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

also tightened the stack screws as part of the cleaning...

This is very important, and often overlooked. It should be one of the first things you do after first popping the hood on an old game. Otherwise, any switch adjustments won't stay put, and you'll keep chasing one problem after another.

#87 6 years ago

Hey Thanks for the replies.

HowardR To answer your question, yes the player 1 lights are on the entire time.

jrpinball Okay I did notice that mentioned in the wikis/clays site. I'll make sure to check the screws first before I start adjusting anything on any relays.

D-Gottlieb Alright, I guess it probably would help if I checked out all the screws in the switches and to do some cleaning of the switches, I'll just make sure to keep it light.

willbeEM D-Gottlieb : I haven't looked at the KS relay yet since it didn't seem to be causing any of my current issues. Is it somehow connected to the issues I'm currently having? Or just something that commonly has issues?

Over the next couple days I'll have a look at some of my potentially bad switches which I've been having issues with in the past and make sure they are cleaned up and everything.

Thanks for the help.

#88 6 years ago

The KS relay is responsible for the progression of the spinner lights and scoring a bonus from that and the alternating flashing of the lights in the bagatelle lanes on the right side of the playfield. Depending on whether the jones plug is set for liberal or conservative, it turns the special light on and off.

#89 6 years ago

Slow ball issue is fixed, it was the switch on the I relay, needed some cleaning, still have the ball in play issue but at least I got rid of the slow eject ball.

#90 6 years ago

I was also reading on the pinwiki about a zero position for the player unit cam that section of text also said those pictures only pertained to single player
machines. I was wondering if any of you knew if this was true for this one as well (I'm pretty sure it would just wanted to double check)? If its the same position as the one I have uploaded here from the wiki please let me know. Thanks.

190px-GTB_ball_count_unit_ball_0_wiper_side (resized).JPG190px-GTB_ball_count_unit_ball_0_wiper_side (resized).JPG

#91 6 years ago

more good news, I found the issue for the ball in play stuff, it looks like it had to do with a P relay switch not closing completely, tightened the stacks, a little cleaning, and a small adjustment got that fixed.

Next thing I'm working on is the bonus relay, it doesn't reset the backbox animation properly, usually missing a few balls. I have found out the reason though.
It seems to be due to the piece of metal that connects the ramp in the backbox to the main metal sheet in the backbox being snapped. This makes the ramp
slide forward (towards the player) and so the balls don't sit on the ramp properly. It looks like it was welded back on but then it snapped again. Are there any
super strong adhesives that anyones perhaps used to keep metal together? I've never welded anything and don't know anyone who has which is why I'm
leaning towards some sort of adhesive. Or if anyone has any ideas how to anchor in place using another method that would be great.

Thanks!

#92 6 years ago

D-Gottlieb and willbeEM (since you guys own top scores and have half moon replay units): I'm also looking at the half-moon replay unit again, how do you guys add credits to it? I think mine is physically not working, when I try to add credits at the coin door, I can see it budge but do nothing, I'm just wondering if this was a common physical issue with these that could be fixable.

#93 6 years ago

Is it on zero? If not, it will only go to a maximum of 9 or less if the screw is in the wheel.

#94 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I've gotten a lot fixed up over the last couple days. I've got the half moon replay unit working, for some reason the screw in the unit was in the wrong position, don't know why it would have been moved but once I fixed that everything seemed to work.

Also, I jimmied up a solution for the bonus ball ramp. I bought a 3/4 inch wide flat metal bar, cut it and bent it so it could support the ramp and then secured it to the wood above the bonus ball unit in the back box.

So now I have one more issue I think, as you guys mentioned earlier it has to do with the KS relay. Something is not working right on it but I don't know what. Currently, when the spinner spins the light that is lit up in front of the spinner changes. However, I think I read in another topic that it should reset to the 5th light each ball/game. Is this correct? Also, the A relay never actuates so the bonus lights in the two lanes never switch and from the schematics this is controlled by the KS relay but I don't understand what it means when it shows KS(|) in the schematics for that switch, could someone explain this to me? Also, could someone just state in general what is suppose to happen with the spinner/KS relay upon start up of the game and as you play the game, that would really help.

Thanks!

#95 6 years ago

Both of those functions are controlled by the black cam in the center of the KS relay. It is either dirty or out of adjustment. Be careful with this thing as it it very sensitive to adjustments. You ate correct in that the sequence lights are supposed to advance to the top one at the start of each ball. The special star rollover at the top of the playfield will alternate with the spinner if the jones plug is set in the middle for liberal - conservative.

#96 6 years ago

I fixed the issue where the KS relay would not reset to the 5th light. It had to do with a switch on the KS relay not closing (I think this is the '5th pos. bonus unit'). So I adjusted that and now it's all good.

Also, I think I found the issue with the alternating relay, it seems like the switch that controls that on the KS relay also isn't closing. Just wanted to ask you guys one thing about this, are the rollover bonus lights in the 2 lanes on the right side of the play field suppose to alternate every time the spinner is spun? Just wanted to make sure this was true.

Edit: I fixed the alternating relay issue it was the KS relay switch not closing.

Thanks!

#97 6 years ago

One more bigger issue I caused myself early on was accidentally leaving the ball in the playfield and lifting it up causing it to fall and break a piece of the plastic... It's the ball guide in the top right of the playfield just before the two lanes (picture below). I was wondering what the best way to try to fix this would be. Of course getting a new piece of plastic would be great but I was looking at the plastic sets online and they are pretty pricey and I only need the one piece as well so I don't really want to buy the whole set. I was reading epoxy would be a good solution, I was wondering if anyone had to do that and how well it worked for them? If anyone has any other recommendations that would great too. Thanks!

plastic-topscore (resized).JPGplastic-topscore (resized).JPG

#98 6 years ago

Use superglue for nonporous pieces that fit together perfectly like that.

#99 6 years ago

You can try to repair that, but I have seen that piece broken on several machines. Mine included. Repair didn't work for me. I just went for a new repro plastic set. It's perfect.

#100 6 years ago

In addition to the superglue, you could put a piece of clear tape on the bottom and even on the top.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-score-barely-powering-on/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.