• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
0Top-Score-Work-02 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Hi TinyToo, HowardR +
I happen to like to do "work" in MS-Paint --- taking stuff and show it in an JPG. I show more detailled what HowardR shows in his post-2. A preowner did some work on the Replay stuff - adding "free play button" - taking out stuff.

Coining up an fully running Top Shot (see the JPG): The W-Relay is made pulling and the Score-Motor runs to make a third of a revolution (Gottlieb Score-Motors are built 120 degrees symmetrical). Within this turn of 120 degrees the motor closes FIVE times motor-1A-Switch (marked green in the JPG) --- when the 2nd chute adj. is plugged-in at "please five replays": A Jumper jumpers a distance - jumpers motor-4B, -4C, -2B switches. The FIVE pulses from motor-1A reach the Replay-step-up-Coil.
Look in the Motor Sequence Chart in the JPG --- Switchstack on motor-4B ("my brown") actuates before - while - after "motor-1A the third time" actuates --- the opening of motor-4B suppresses the third shot of motor-1A. Same with motor-4C (my blue) and 2C (my yellow).

Maybe (but probably not); The preowner has wired "3 replays for a coin" - connecting wire-of-color-black-mingled-with-white (?) to solder-lug on motor-4C and/or solder-lug on motor-4B - to the connecting wire BL+BLK. Maybe - probably not --- I am now just guessing: motor-4B or motor-4C or motor-2C is faulty - NOT TRUELY opening. I have never done the "unplugging the wire that feeds electricity to the real motor --- then manually slow turning the motor" - listen WHEN does the Replay-Unit step up --- figuring out WHAT switch (three do) on motor-1A makes the Replay-Unit step-up --- You may try just starring at the motor (normal speed) and listen to the Replay-Counter --- OR YOU may simply check the switches and the wiring on motor-4B, -4C, -2C (?).

"bonus not consistently": I do not know the pin (well, have played it some 40 years ago) --- please write in detail about the problem. Greetings Rolf

0Top-Score-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Top-Score-Work-02 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-score-2-slightly-annoying-issues-?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.