5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SteamVette
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Top Card 8 relay switches (resized).jpg
    IMG_8667 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8666 (resized).JPG
    Top Card 8 relay switch (resized).jpg
    Top Card 8 relay (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steamvette.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I have been working on my Gottlieb Top card. My number eight target does not work and traced it to the relay bank and my number 8 target relay coil has both wires loose. Can someone take a photo of where they go so i know I have them in the correct location? One of them is obvious. Just not sure about the other one.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3 5 years ago

Thanks Mark, You are Correct. The coil is working fine. Light does now work as well as the other issue you mentioned. One solders back on to the top there. I'm not sure where the other goes on that switch. I can't seam to see where it came off.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks MarkG. If you look right above your right arrow that is where one of them solders to. I don't know where the other one came from. I don't see any excess solder area.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from MarkG:

Have you looked underneath the solder lugs, with a mirror if necessary?

Thanks MarkG. I will put a mirror under the post and with a better light and see what's under there. It almost has to go under there as the wire is not long enough to go much farther.

#8 5 years ago

I was able to figure out that the Blue and white wire is for the light and I was able to solder it to the top post. The white and brownish wire I have no clue where it goes. Can't find any indication of a solder joint. It's only about 4" long (from the wire bundle) and can't go far.

IMG_8666 (resized).JPGIMG_8666 (resized).JPGIMG_8667 (resized).JPGIMG_8667 (resized).JPG
    #10 5 years ago

That's it!!! Got it soldered up and actually played a game. Now off to my next problem. Second game did not kick a ball out and the motor switch just keeps spinning. Fun fun.

Quoted from MarkG:

The brownish-white wire is actually a faded red-white wire that goes on the bottom right solder lug:

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steamvette.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-card-reset-bank-target-relay-8?tu=steamvette and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.