5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SteamVette
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Top Card 8 relay switches (resized).jpg
    IMG_8667 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8666 (resized).JPG
    Top Card 8 relay switch (resized).jpg
    Top Card 8 relay (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from SteamVette:

My number eight target does not work and traced it to the relay bank and my number 8 target relay coil has both wires loose.

Could it be that the relay coil is working just fine? Do you hear it trip when you hit the #8 target? Looking at your pictures it seems possible that the loose wires are from the #8 relay switch stack and not the relay coil.
    Top Card 8 relay (resized).jpgTop Card 8 relay (resized).jpg
    The #8 relay has a couple of switches on its switch stack. One turns out the #8 light and the other helps fire the Q/8 through King Sequence Completed relay. The blue-white wire controls the light and goes to the normally closed switch on the switch stack. The red-white wire goes to the normally open switch and is part of the Q relay circuit.

/Mark

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from SteamVette:

One solders back on to the top there. I'm not sure where the other goes on that switch. I can't seam to see where it came off.

It looks like the red jumper wire is connected to one of the two bottom solder lugs. Is there anything soldered to the other one?
    Top Card 8 relay switch (resized).jpgTop Card 8 relay switch (resized).jpg

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from SteamVette:

I don't see any excess solder area.

Have you looked underneath the solder lugs, with a mirror if necessary?

The point I tried to make is that there are just two switches on that switch stack, with a total of four solder lugs. The top two solder lugs comprise one switch, the bottom two solder lugs comprise the other switch. (Examine the switch stack carefully to convince yourself that that is the case.)

Your photo doesn't show which switch is normally open (before the relay trips) and which is normally closed. Nor does it show the wire color of the two lugs that are soldered. The two wires that are soldered (running across the photo) are likely just jumpers between neighboring switches. You need to follow those jumpers until you find a connection to a wire that matches a wire color shown in the schematic in reply #2. That will help confirm which switch is which.

You should find that the normally open switch has one lug soldered, probably through a jumper, to a switch on the 9B relay switch stack. That one should have the red-white wire soldered to the other lug. The normally closed switch should have one lug soldered (possibly through jumper) to a white-black wire. That one should have the blue-white wire soldered to the other lug.

#9 5 years ago

The brownish-white wire is actually a faded red-white wire that goes on the bottom right solder lug:
    Top Card 8 relay switches (resized).jpgTop Card 8 relay switches (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-card-reset-bank-target-relay-8?tu=MarkG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.