3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DaMoib
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I got a top card with alot of parts missing. The playfield was already stripped.
    Question is-what kind of post hold the lower (by flippers) shield. I ordered new split post but the hole on the new shield set are way to small,so I figure they are mounted differant than what I am used too.
    Any help + photos would be great.
    Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Hi,

It's a pitty you are in the US...
    Got a Top card in time, stripped for spare part... Concerning the PF, got most parts but gave away all the plastics... I surely got the posts and so on... If you are interested...

2 weeks later
    #3 3 years ago

The parts catalog says it uses A-14487 Split Post Caps and A-14488 Split Post Bases, 8 of them on the machine total.

#4 3 years ago

Did you get the shield set from Pinball Rescue?

2 weeks later
    #5 3 years ago

I just came across an instance in the Abra club thread where someone asked about enlarging the post holes on replacement shield plastics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-em-gottlieb-abra-ca-dabra-club-droolers-welcomed/page/6#post-4175284

and, in looking at the shield plastics for Top Card and Abra Ca Dabra on Pinball Rescue, it looks like the post holes are too small. You've got to enlarge them to fit on the split posts.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-card-post-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.