• Latest reply 7 years ago by Lets
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-1_(resized).jpg
relay_index_001_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeNewberry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

I'd check the Q relay. A misadjusted switch there would make the game think that it's in Game Over mode and never turn any of the playfield features or flippers on.

Is a ball getting kicked out of the outhole at all or is that dead, too?

#10 7 years ago

Sorry, working without a schematic I didn't realize the Q relay wasn't going to be a Game Over relay in this game. My apologies. I wasn't trying to say the game would actually be in Game Over, but one of the switches that makes the game switch between being in Game Over to live might be misadjusted. On the Gottlieb schematic I had handy, all the flippers and playfield switches were connected to the main power line through a switch on the Q relay. Maybe that only holds true on certain models of Gottlieb multiplayer?

Anyway, I'd be looking for a switch that should be providing a path from the transformer to the flippers. The 6th position switch, as TimMe mentioned, might fit the bill. I'd be looking down the right side of the schematic for a switch that should be closed, but in your game actually isn't, even if it looks like it is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeNewberry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-top-card-no-start?tu=JoeNewberry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.