Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Cheddar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I’m helping a friend with a Gottlieb Time Line. Key to the backbox is missing (yes i have looked inside the coin door, lock is drilled out here as well).

We have drilled out the lock in the back box but we still cannot lift the backglass out of the backbox.
Any pointers at where to try to push at the locking mechanism?
I cant find any pictures online which shows how it works.

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Did the screw drop out the lock? If not can you turn the lock with a screwdriver? Counter clockwise I believe. This is the only pic I have found: https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2564&picno=67684&zoom=1

That bar needs to be pulled down to release. If the lock is drilled all the way through can you thread a stiff wire with a hook on the end through there and catch that bar and pull it down?

#3 2 years ago

@cheddar
I got this video from a fellow collector. that whole bracket has dropped down inside the backbox

I wonder if its possible make it turn with like an angled screwdriver

#4 2 years ago

Could you grasp the end of the bar with a long hemostat and give it a twist I wonder? You may have to drill the lock out more to make a hole big enough.

Impossible to try with the head still mounted but I wonder if gravity would pull those arms down if you could lay the head on its back and gently drop it a couple of inches

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-time-line-backbox-lock-mech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.