Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6117 (resized).JPG
IMG_6118 (resized).JPG
IMG_6119 (resized).JPG
IMG_6120 (resized).JPG
IMG_6121 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm trying to get a Gottlieb Mustang up and running, but I'm having trouble with the tilt hold relay energizing as soon as the game is powered on. I assume this is because a tilt switch is closed somewhere, the trouble is I am not totally clear which switch is which.

Looking at the schematic I see that there are three tilt switches and an anti-cheat switch. I don't see a reference to a bounce switch, but I may have missed it.

So I am trying to understand where I can find and identify all the tilt switches. Here are images of switches I believe are involved. Please correct me if any of these are wrong.

The first is in the light box, pretty sure this is a standard tilt switch.

The second is the switch under the playfield, pretty sure this is a standard tilt switch.

The third is the ball in groove and tilt bob. There are two switches here including the tilt bob. I am not clear how these are represented on the schematic. Are they included in the three tilt switches?

The forth is a switch in the cabinet next to the score motor. I thought this was the bounce switch, but is this a tilt switch? If so, I have other problems because the game won't start if this is open.

The fifth is on the coin door, this is the anti-cheat switch right?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

IMG_6121 (resized).JPGIMG_6121 (resized).JPG
IMG_6120 (resized).JPGIMG_6120 (resized).JPG
IMG_6119 (resized).JPGIMG_6119 (resized).JPG
IMG_6118 (resized).JPGIMG_6118 (resized).JPG
IMG_6117 (resized).JPGIMG_6117 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

The tilt hold relay should be energized when the game is powered on? Ok, I'm clearly very new to working on EMs so can you explain why that is? Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-tilt-switch-location-help?tu=porkcarrot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.