Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230205_191249 (resized).jpg
20230123_233538 (resized).jpg
20230123_233429 (resized).jpg
20230124_183213 (resized).jpg
MarioTicketDL4SS (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Does anyone know the model/part number for the ticket dispensers used in the 90s Gottlieb pinball machines? I have a Super Mario Bros Mushroom World machine that is missing the ticket dispenser and I'm trying to find a replacement. I'd preferably like to get my hands on one of the original dispensers so it matches the same appearance instead of a different one that fits.

#2 1 year ago

Deltronics DL1275.

Any "continuous type" ticket dispenser will work. Note that the dispensers are BEHIND the faceplate, so you can put any model in you want, and noone would tell the difference.

#3 1 year ago

I thought mushroom world used a Deltronics DL4SS ticket dispenser. I think it's the pulse and not the continuous. I can check tomorrow. Konidias - Are you just missing the dispenser or the entire black box with the slide out silver tray?

Someone in canada has one on ebay.
ebay.com link: itm

You could convert a working DL1275 by swapping the pcb with one of these: ebay.com link: itm

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I thought mushroom world used a Deltronics DL4SS ticket dispenser. I think it's the pulse and not the continuous. I can check tomorrow. Konidias - Are you just missing the dispenser or the entire black box with the slide out silver tray?
Someone in canada has one on ebay.
ebay.com link: itm
You could convert a working DL1275 by swapping the pcb with one of these: ebay.com link: itm

That'd be odd if they switched, but not unheard of. You can easily tell the difference by the connectors - the continuous type has a 4 pin inline molex, the pulse has a 65 pin header on the board, yup.

Either way, I actually strongly recommend looking into getting an Entropy brand dispenser now, as they're faster and IMHO more sturdy.

But yeah, if they need the whole drawer, that's a different beast.

Be curious if yours does have the pulse. I'll have to file that away for future reference, thanks!

#5 1 year ago

It is the pulse style.
Coyote - It's good to know that Entropy makes one that will work incase mine dies, the dl4ss is a lot harder to find than the 1275. Mine makes a nice grinding noise but I don't use it that often.
MarioTicketDL4SS (resized).jpgMarioTicketDL4SS (resized).jpg

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

It is the pulse style.
Coyote - It's good to know that Entropy makes one that will work incase mine dies, the dl4ss is a lot harder to find than the 1275. Mine makes a nice grinding noise but I don't use it that often.
[quoted image]

I'll be d@mned - Good to know then! Yeah, Deltronics Pulse types are increasingly hard to find - honestly, the schematics are online, someone could just remake a board (since that's the only difference), but with Entropy mechs out there, the need's not as great.

1 month later
#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

That'd be odd if they switched, but not unheard of. You can easily tell the difference by the connectors - the continuous type has a 4 pin inline molex, the pulse has a 65 pin header on the board, yup.
Either way, I actually strongly recommend looking into getting an Entropy brand dispenser now, as they're faster and IMHO more sturdy.
But yeah, if they need the whole drawer, that's a different beast.
Be curious if yours does have the pulse. I'll have to file that away for future reference, thanks!

Yeah... so apparently I'm missing the whole drawer.. Haha. I just have a black box with nothing in it, unfortunately. No coin mech, no drawer, no cover

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Konidias:

Yeah... so apparently I'm missing the whole drawer.. Haha. I just have a black box with nothing in it, unfortunately. No coin mech, no drawer, no cover

Yikes. That may take a while to find one and pint it down. Sadly, I JUST put my games into storage last week, so i can't get one out to get pics to show what the little drawers look like.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yikes. That may take a while to find one and pint it down. Sadly, I JUST put my games into storage last week, so i can't get one out to get pics to show what the little drawers look like.

Yeah I figured as much... I think the only way I'll find one is if someone is parting out a damaged machine or something. Would actually be nice to see the drawer just to know what I'm looking for. No worries. Maybe someone else can photograph theirs and post?

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Konidias:

Yeah I figured as much... I think the only way I'll find one is if someone is parting out a damaged machine or something. Would actually be nice to see the drawer just to know what I'm looking for. No worries. Maybe someone else can photograph theirs and post?

It's the external mount box that's still listed on their website, https://deltroniclabs.com/products/accessories/, maybe you can still buy them. I'll try to pull mine for some pictures this week. I don't think it would be hard to fabricate if you had some metal bending tools.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

It's the external mount box that's still listed on their website, https://deltroniclabs.com/products/accessories/, maybe you can still buy them. I'll try to pull mine for some pictures this week. I don't think it would be hard to fabricate if you had some metal bending tools.

Ah! THIS! That's it exactly. It's just.. uh, mounted INTERNALLY.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I've reached out to Deltronics and I'm talking to them via e-mail so here's hoping it leads to something.

Their response was "The outside mount only that you saw on the website includes black painted box, bin, SS Faceplate and lock, no TD."

They asked me for more info, so maybe I can just buy the whole thing from them directly. (or at least something that will fit and work in the game)

#13 1 year ago

You can easily get an actual dispenser from eBay and other places - the more harder to get would be just the case. (Hopefully, too, your game still has the wiring? May need to ping someone here on how the wires run, if not!)

#14 1 year ago

Alright so I heard back:

"The insert only with SS Faceplate and Lock is $101.00 EA. The DL-480 SS dispenser is $156.40 EA."

Quoted from Coyote:

You can easily get an actual dispenser from eBay and other places - the more harder to get would be just the case. (Hopefully, too, your game still has the wiring? May need to ping someone here on how the wires run, if not!)

I think I'm going to buy the faceplate/lock/insert for $101 from them... and probably look elsewhere for the dispenser... since $156.40 is just too much. I see a used old one for about $60 total on ebay at the moment.

I'm not 100% sure the game still has the wiring for it... I would assume it would just connect to whatever is in the machine, right? The rest of the game is complete and working. I also have the manual for reference. I can do basic wiring repair if necessary. But yeah, mainly it was just the shelf that I couldn't track down anywhere.

#15 1 year ago

There should be a connector that looks like this in the cabinet. The wire colors may be different, mine looks like it was spliced.
20230124_183213 (resized).jpg20230124_183213 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Konidias:

I think I'm going to buy the faceplate/lock/insert for $101 from them

That's probably your best bet. This is all it is but it would probably cost you that much to have one fabricated and I've only ever seen one for sale.
20230123_233429 (resized).jpg20230123_233429 (resized).jpg
20230123_233538 (resized).jpg20230123_233538 (resized).jpg

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Konidias:

Alright so I heard back:
"The insert only with SS Faceplate and Lock is $101.00 EA. The DL-480 SS dispenser is $156.40 EA."

I think I'm going to buy the faceplate/lock/insert for $101 from them... and probably look elsewhere for the dispenser... since $156.40 is just too much. I see a used old one for about $60 total on ebay at the moment.
I'm not 100% sure the game still has the wiring for it... I would assume it would just connect to whatever is in the machine, right? The rest of the game is complete and working. I also have the manual for reference. I can do basic wiring repair if necessary. But yeah, mainly it was just the shelf that I couldn't track down anywhere.

Agreed. In fact, nowadays, there are better ticket dispensers out there - but even eBay you can find a good used one for cheap. (It would, of course, require cleaning.) But then you could also buy a pack of tickets off of eBay at the same time..

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

There should be a connector that looks like this in the cabinet. The wire colors may be different, mine looks like it was spliced.

Where does the connector lead to from there? I'm not seeing any but it could be tucked in there somewhere.

edit: nevermind, I located it... a 6 pin molex with 3 wires in it. It was tucked under the coin box... haha. Okay so that's good, looks like the connector is there, just need the drawer/ticket dispenser. Thanks for the info and photos!

1 week later
#18 1 year ago

Okay, got all the parts in! The dispenser drawer bit is very nice. I actually realized after I already received it that I had bought a full assembled ticket dispenser system years ago and it was just in my garage... so now I have two.. haha

Anyway, I put it all together and fed some tickets in, and pushed the test button on the ticket dispenser and it did indeed pull in the tickets... however they don't seem to get awarded after a game is over. I went into the Mushroom World game settings panel and made sure the game mode was set to replay + tickets, but the game just ends and no tickets come out. I'm wondering if it's a communication issue between the game and the ticket dispenser... so maybe I need to check those connections and the dispenser board? Sadly there doesn't seem to be a way to test communication with the game and dispenser in the settings. I have to play a game and end it to see if it does anything.

Anyone have this issue before and figure out what the problem is? As of now I'm just taking a guess that it's bad wiring from the game to the dispenser

#19 1 year ago

Here's a picture of my connector incase a wire is in the wrong slot or the connectors on backwards. Mine didn't have any key pins and could be easily flipped.
20230205_191249 (resized).jpg20230205_191249 (resized).jpg

The manual says the ticket dispencer is run by Q27, check to see if that transistor looks good.

#20 1 year ago

Thanks for the info. Well I checked everything out and nothing seems broken or disconnected. I played the game and after making sure the tickets were properly feeding in, the game actually did award me 3 tickets... Is it normal for it to award the tickets while playing and not at the end?

Also it only seems to award 1 ticket at a time, however I'm fairly certain I should have won more tickets as the end number on the screen said "5 tickets" but there's only 3 that came out. I'm not sure if that's intended or something isn't working or what.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Konidias:

Thanks for the info. Well I checked everything out and nothing seems broken or disconnected. I played the game and after making sure the tickets were properly feeding in, the game actually did award me 3 tickets... Is it normal for it to award the tickets while playing and not at the end?
Also it only seems to award 1 ticket at a time, however I'm fairly certain I should have won more tickets as the end number on the screen said "5 tickets" but there's only 3 that came out. I'm not sure if that's intended or something isn't working or what.

Mine awards tickets as you play, usually when you beat worlds. It goes along with the top light going off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ticket-dispenser-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.