Gottlieb Thoro Bred extra ball stuck

By Tommm

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi,
I recently replaced all the globes in my 1965 Gottlieb Thoro Bred with LEDs (I'm so sorry) and once I finished I noticed that the "Same Player Shoots Again" light was stuck on. Once the ball goes over the first rollover that usually resets the replay (Sorry, I'm new to this and I'm not yet sure what the name is for that one) the light switches off but turns back on again as soon as that switch is released. I discovered that if I went to the rollover switch I could permanently switch the light off but it would still get stuck on the first ball. This may or may not be related but after replacing the globes the 'lightbox' fuse keeps blowing. I have removed all the LED's from the lightbox but the extra ball light is still stuck. I haven't played on it yet so I'm not sure if that has fixed the fuse issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommm:

I discovered that if I went to the rollover switch I could permanently switch the light off but it would still get stuck on the first ball.

So, did you re adjust that switch?

Quoted from Tommm:

I have removed all the LED's from the lightbox

So, does the fuse still blow?
can you replace all the orig bulbs, and does the fuse still blow?
The led's should not have caused the fuse to blow? I don't think so anyway...
Chk all the bulb sockets for trash inside of them, and or solder tabs touching.

#3 7 years ago

Yes I readjusted the switch. Do you think I could have shorted something when I was replacing the globes? Could that explain both problems?

#4 7 years ago

I have found somewhat of a fix. I adjusted the replay switch and I'm no longer getting stuck on the first ball. Although I am not able to get free balls, I can't see it being to hard a problem to fix. Thanks for all your help.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Tommm:

Do you think I could have shorted something when I was replacing the globes?

yes... always a possibility.
I am thinking something got bent and is touching something it shouldn't.???
The rest, you will need more wisdom on that pin to resolve.
I am feeling like it is something to do with the bonus parts, there is a switch somewhere that looks closed, but is not conducting.
so, when the rollover switch closes, it turns on the light, but the hold part is not working, so it just goes out again when the switch opens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-thoro-bred-extra-ball-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.