IMG_8237 (resized).jpg
Team One Subtract Light Box (resized).jpg
Team One Light Box Advance (resized).jpg
IMG_7837 (resized).jpg
IMG_7835 (resized).jpg
IMG_7833 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_7832 copy (resized).jpg
IMG_7831 copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have several ongoing issues with this machine, but will start a thread on this issue first. When starting the game, the AX hold coil will not release, thus causing the score motor to continually run. I can then manually release it to stop the score motor. In addition, it appears that it is not resetting or advancing the Ball Count Unit, or the Lightbox Advance Unit.

I checked the coil and see resistance, so I know it's good.

#3 7 years ago

Yes the score reels do reset, and when they do the knocker is kicking several times. However the 2 steppers in the light box are not resetting, or advancing for that matter.

#5 7 years ago

I would have to look at it again, but the main relay energizes to reset the score reels and the score motor spins. When this occurs, it goes into the lock position.The locking relay does not release, and the score motor will continually spin. So I'm thinking the locking relay is not being powered.

#7 7 years ago

I checked the 2B switches on the score motor and they look good. I checked the 0 position score reel switches and they all make contact as well as the EOS switch simultaneously. However the 10,000 score reel has 2 contacts at the base which stay open and only close when the unit is advanced. When I advance it, the knocker kicks at each increment. This also occurs when the reel resets at start up. So AX hold, still does not release and score motor spins. I have to manually reset AX to stop the score motor.

I notice that the ball count unit does advance and reset upon game start up. However the light box advance unit does not reset.

The game also never ends. With game over lit, it will continuously kick out a ball and play field will score points.

Advice?

#9 7 years ago

Here are two snippet's of the AX release and the knocker schematic.

IMG_7831 copy (resized).jpgIMG_7831 copy (resized).jpg

IMG_7832 copy (resized).jpgIMG_7832 copy (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

Here is the "Subtract Lightbox Advance Unit" snippet. By manually resetting the Lightbox Advance Unit, it does not release the AX hold relay.

IMG_7833 copy (resized).jpgIMG_7833 copy (resized).jpg

#13 7 years ago

Additional follow up, here is a picture of the AX hold relay connection. The OR-R-Y runs back to the Ball Count Unit and is terminated at the bottom, second from the right. When I measure the voltage at this position, I am only seeing 6 volts.

In addition, I'm not sure if this is related but at start up the "S" start relay, "H" tilt relay, and "R" hold relay all energize, then "S" releases. The other 2 remain energized and the "R" hold relay is getting very hot.

IMG_7835 (resized).jpgIMG_7835 (resized).jpg

IMG_7837 (resized).jpgIMG_7837 (resized).jpg

#15 7 years ago

It's in novelty. The plug is located in the head. None under play field.

1 week later
#17 7 years ago

Any thoughts?

1 week later
#19 7 years ago

Tim,

Great info there. However, I'm not getting any power to the Light Box Advance unit. Neither coil fires. I've tried manually advancing the unit and forcing into the zero position, however AX remains latched. The obvious problem now is why no power? I've attached both the Advance and Subtract portion of the schematic for assistance.

Thanks

Team One Light Box Advance (resized).jpgTeam One Light Box Advance (resized).jpg

Team One Subtract Light Box (resized).jpgTeam One Subtract Light Box (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

The circuit for the pulses from 1A to AX are shown to be on the BLK-RD conductor. Before the "lightbox advance unit" coil shown in the schematic, there is an arrow looping an AX open switch to a closed switch, (BL-YEL) coming from "Play Adj".

What does the arrow represent?

#23 7 years ago

AX reset solved. The disc on the ball count was not bridging the 2 contacts for the zero position. Shown in this photo, the disc is not properly aligned.

IMG_8237 (resized).jpgIMG_8237 (resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago

Also I think I would like to replace the switch contacts. This is the ball count unit switch stack. Should there be another nylon spacer?

IMG_8233 (resized).jpgIMG_8233 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playdium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-team-one-ax-relay-not-releasing?tu=playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.