Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by frb
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey all.I've got this game in my shop which almost works 100% other than the target relays won't pull in when a target is hit.I still get scoring but that's it.any ideas?

Ted

#2 6 years ago

The most efficient way to figure out why pinball machines aren't working right is by reading the schematic. Do you have one?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from novaguy:

Hey all.I've got this game in my shop which almost works 100% other than the target relays won't pull in when a target is hit.I still get scoring but that's it.any ideas?
Ted

I have Mini Pool, the AAB sibling of Target Pool. The stand-up targets for the 1-10 sequence have two switches on them: one switch handles scoring, the other switch actuates a coil that trips the corresponding relay on the long bank mounted under the playfield. If none of the relays are tripping, it's likely that the common path for these relays has a problem. Look at the line of 1-10 relays on the bank and the naked, braided wire that connects all of their coils together. On the last coil's lug will be soldered the end of the braided wire and a cloth wire, the latter of which goes down to the score motor board via a jones plug. Look for a problem in that wire's circuit. It could be a bad solder joint on the relay bank. It could also be a problem with the jones plug. The first thing you could try is reseating the plug in the connector. Pull it out and insert it several times to knock off some of the oxidation, ensuring a good connection.

Good luck!

#4 6 years ago

all relay banks are fired thru a switch on score motor, look there

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-target-pool-sequence-bank-relays-wont-pull-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.