Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jaybird5619
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gtbcred1 (resized).jpg
credit stepper (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I'm a newbie and just getting around to the #Target Alpha that's been in my garage for 8 years. I have 2 questions about the game credit stepper unit:

1). There appear to be 3 pairs of switches (see photo). The outside pairs obviously open/close when the cog is in either the full clockwise or counter-clockwise position. However, the middle pair seem to be permanently closed and I don't see anything that opens or closes them. Am I missing something?? Maybe spacers on the outer pair that would activate the middle pair? If so, does anyone have a photo?

2). Does this stepper unit only step down one step at a time, or should it be able to fully reset back to zero in one action? Right now, I can only get it to step down one at a time.

Many thanks.

credit stepper (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

What you are showing is a Gottlieb Credit (Replay) Unit. This is a Step-Up/Step-Down (Single Step Up Reset) style unit. Looks that the spacer is missing between the contacts. You will see on ends the leaf blades there a small holes which would have held the spacer in place. The attached image is from 'pinrepair'

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/

gtbcred1 (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think you're right, it's missing some spacers.

How about my 2nd question ... should this stepper only decrement one step at a time, or is there a situation, say when you first turn on the game, that it should reset to "0" in one "big" step? In other words, the mechanism fully disengages so the wheel snaps completely back all at once, not a step at a time?

#4 1 year ago

No, it should go one step at a time. Is the catch on the right (above pic) there?

#5 1 year ago

There's a credit unit video with closeups of those switches opening at funwithpinball.com/small-boards#CreditUnit

#6 1 year ago

Thanks -- yes, the catch is in place .. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something. Also, thanks for the reference to the video. Very helpful.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hamilton, MA
€ 8.40
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 1,000.00
$ 35.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside