You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
Capture1 (resized).PNG
Target Alpha Last Ball Relay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andreas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

3-5 ball problem on Target Alpha.

Every things works fine on 5 balls. When on 3 balls after the 3e ball on a 1 player game it goes to player 4 for one ball and then game over..when going to player 4 matchfeature lamp lights up an player 1 and 4 lamp lights are both light up....HOWEVER when having the playfield up and having my finger as a ball it goes to game over after 3 balls..Jonesplug for 3 to 5 ball?
But strange it works every time I have playfield up.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Seems to point to a loose connection if it works with PF up.

On the jones plug?

#4 5 years ago

My bad..It does not work with playfield up and ball there..just with my fingers but with my fingers faking a ball it goeas as I said above..plus kicking the ball out in the lane when game over

#5 5 years ago

5 balls does the same now...could this has to do with the bx relay?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Does the Last Ball Relay fire during the last ball?
[quoted image]
If it fires correctly on a 5 ball game but not on a 3 ball game it could be an issue with the wipers, contacts or wiring on the Player unit in the red box.
What does it do on a multiple player 3 ball game?
/Mark

Just tried a 2 player game..its the same

2 weeks later
#10 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Does the Last Ball Relay fire during the last ball?
[quoted image]
If it fires correctly on a 5 ball game but not on a 3 ball game it could be an issue with the wipers, contacts or wiring on the Player unit in the red box.
What does it do on a multiple player 3 ball game?
/Mark

Its the same, I played 2 player yesterday and it jumps to player four after the last ball and then plays one ball even thought the matchfeaturelamp is lit. It works ok on a 1 player only game and onbly seams to mess up there after the 2playergame has done its bad things. If it does somthing on a 1 player game its not ending the ball 3 and often then it wont start the bonus unit but this is like 1 game out of 20. Im curios why it jumps to player 4 and not player 3 after the last ball. Im going to take a look at the BX again even though I have done it 12 times now

#12 4 years ago

Ok for the first time its gone. This is how I did it. Gone through everything in the last ball circut..it didnt help..gone thrue every jonesplug again and it did not help...last thing was to clean the the small jonesplug by the fuses comong from the door AND removed the disc on the coinunit and fiberglassed everything again and wiped it off. The last 2 things seems to done it. Only played 4 games but works for the first time ever on 2 player game...lets hope it stays this way.

#13 4 years ago

That was short..now its worst..first ball relay does not release..if I manually release it it will now play all 3 balls and keep throwing out balls after last ball (ball 3). It keeps advancing to ball 4 and so on even though it is a 3ball game

1 week later
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the 1st Ball relay (DX) doesn't trip when you get 10 or 100 points, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
starting with this switch on the DX relay itself.
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features
[quoted image]

Ok I have gotten the game to work pritty good by adjusting the bx, dx with the screws on the other coil in them. However every 20 games or so the ball continue after it drains on the same ballnumber but it does every reset except the going through players light. It also some times (almost everytime after the thing I just wrote) during play gives an extraball (same player shoot again gets on) I do think thst it is a certain droptarget that activates this 90% of the time.
I have adjusted and cleaned the Extra ball relay, the 5pos switch, 10 pos switch, the P relay, Motor 4b motor 1c. The roloverswitches are ok adjusted and cleaned. I know that its probebly lying somewhere in that circut. What could trigger the extraball to get on under a play when not hitting the rolovers. The game can then after drain work perfect for 20 games or so.

On the pic you show you show the 1 ball relay...should I not look at the 1 ball relay release in the schematic?

4 months later
#17 4 years ago

Ok so now the status is that after 3 balls it sonetimes gives out an extra ball and goes to game over after that...like every 4 or 5 times..it plays like it was 4 ball game.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

you won't be able to play that 4th ball , some em's spit the ball out faster then the game can end the game , i just plunge the ball so it does end up in the trough , if you start a game with the ball in the shooter lane it won't start till you plunge the ball into the drain hole

Yes I can play it..the gsme works as a 3 ball game but with a 4 ball..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider andreas.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-target-alpha-3ball-issue?tu=andreas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.