You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2015-10-29_at_1.47.57_AM.png
TT.jpeg

#1 8 years ago

Gentlemen,
I am attempting to make sure that the flipper coils on my Gottlieb Tag Team (Sys 80b) are correct. The game has three flippers. My left flipper coil is a 20095, my right is a 17875, and the upper (third) flipper coil is a 24161. Below is a picture of the manual page for reference.

In the manual, the third flipper (i.e., Intermediate Flipper) matches what I have (24161). However, in the manual you can also see designations for both "Super Flipper" and "Flippers" and they take different coils. I am not sure what "Super Flipper" is referring to, but like I said, I have a 20095 on my left flipper and 17875 on my right.

I would appreciate any guidance or insight.
Thanks in advance.
-Kyros

TT.jpegTT.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

Easiest way is to OHM out the coils you have and compare the answers to the chart above.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Easiest way is to OHM out the coils you have and compare the answers to the chart above.

I think the question was--which coil is supposed to go where?

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think the question was--which coil is supposed to go where?

Yeah, that is what I am trying to figure out.
-Kyros

#5 8 years ago

Is it a bold assumption to believe that the manual would not have it in there (Super Flipper) if it was not relevant?
There are not too many solenoids on this game, so there are only a small number of possibilities of what that term could be referring to.
-Kyros

#6 8 years ago

Maybe try contacting PBResource to see if they know which coils should be used.

#7 8 years ago

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 1.47.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-29 at 1.47.57 AM.png

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe try contacting PBResource to see if they know which coils should be used.

That was a good suggestion and probably my next course of action. Thanks for the help.

Quoted from wiredoug:

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 1.47.57 AM.png

Bingo.
Thank you sir.
-Kyros

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 5.00
Tools
Pinball Mod Co.
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-tag-team-flipper-coil-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.