You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Target-Alpha-Work-14 (resized).jpg
0Target-Alpha-Work-12 (resized).jpg
0Target-Alpha-Work-11 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I just got a nice Target Alpha game that doesn't reset the scores to zero at start up. This does not affect start up, and it plays and scores correctly. Also, will only go up to 3 players.

#2 6 years ago

The schematic would make the startup sequence clear. Do you have one?

#3 6 years ago

Not yet-sorry I forgot to mention that. Hoping the former owner finds it, otherwise I'll order one.

#4 6 years ago

If the machine only goes up to 3 players, the coin unit (should be just behind the cash box) is suspect. I had a TA and it was stuck from solidified grease.

#5 6 years ago

OK, # of players fixed, but it still is not resetting the scores. The AX relay seems to be set correctly and I checked and cleaned the score motor switches. On the player unit P5 switch, what are they supposed to be set to, ie-open or closed and which is which? Thanks

#6 6 years ago

Hi currieddog +
these JPGs may help --- ALL Score-Drums are resetted by the Z1- and Z2-Relay --- and these relays are activated through an Make-and-Brake-Switch on the (pulling) AX-Relay. Greetings Rolf

0Target-Alpha-Work-11 (resized).jpg0Target-Alpha-Work-11 (resized).jpg

0Target-Alpha-Work-12 (resized).jpg0Target-Alpha-Work-12 (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

Hi Rolf and thanks! 1-2 are USUALLY resetting, but 3-4 never. The P5 switch is clean and set correctly, I believe, but the player unit does not seem to be stopping for Z2 to do its thing. AX also clean and seems to be set right. What about BX, DX, Q, and R?

#8 6 years ago

Hi currieddog
please explain Your word "USUALLY" - I fear an "seldom" fault.
The Switches on P5 come into action when the reset is over and we play.

Your "the stepping on the Player-Unit does not stop for to reset the Score-Drums of Player-3 and -4 (Z2-Relay) " is "looking at the stuff from the wrong side".
In a running pin the brain of the pin steps the Player-Unit (big rosa/pink dot) forward - the fact that Z1-Relay pulls-in and so opens a switch (two little rosa/pink dots on the bottom) HINDERS the stepping on the Player-Unit UNTIL all Score-Drums of Player-1 and -2 are resetted --- THEN the Player-Unit is stepped one step --- the Z2-Relay pulls in, opens a switch (two rosa/pink dots) --- HINDERS the stepping on the Player-Unit UNTIL all Score-Drums of Player-3 and -4 are resetted.

Want to try (delicate timing) --- have points on the Score-Drums of Player-1 and Player-3. AT THE TIME the Z1-Relay let go and the Player-Unit is stepped ONE step: NOW press the armature on Z2-Relay --- does the stepping on the Player-Unit stops ? Do the Score-Drums of Player-3 reset ? Greetings Rolf

0Target-Alpha-Work-14 (resized).jpg0Target-Alpha-Work-14 (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago

Rolf-
"Usually" meaning most of the time. And "hindering" is the better term ... so it's not doing that for Z2. Going to see if I can do the trick with Z2.

Thanks

#10 6 years ago

I couldn't get the timing down for Z2.

It should be noted that all reels score correctly. And sometimes if 1-2 doesn't reset after a game by pushing the replay button, turning it off and on again, then pushing it will do the trick.

#11 6 years ago

Wellllll, the player unit disk was not as clean as I thought ... I was sitting and thinking that it had to be something in the PU because it was stepping, etc. So, some 600# sandpaper made the difference.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ta-score-and-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.