(Topic ID: 195433)

Gottlieb TA-no hi-score bonus ball on player 2

By currieddog

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm not getting a high score extra ball on player 2, on any of the 3 scores I have set. Player unit disc is nice and clean. Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Update! Player 1 is the only one consistently getting all 3 high score extra balls; player 2 consistently not. I cleaned the boards on the 1K and 10K score reels for player 2 and switch 2E on the player unit and no change.

#3 6 years ago

Update: 10K and 1K boards all cleaned and all players except #2 getting all bonus balls.

#4 6 years ago

Update: got first bonus for #2, but only by clicking playfield RO switches. It does not get it from the target bonuses. Later on back to not getting bonus though.

#5 6 years ago

Trace the circuit completely. Since you say the Player Unit is good, the Decagon units (circuit board)are the next highest moving part that gets dirty. Also look for broken wires at the circuit board connection point.

Usually Player 1 is the first to be trashed.

As for the Player Unit, you are not just looking at the bakelite rivet board& wipers, correct? The rotary cams that activate the switch stacks are where the action is.

#6 6 years ago

I've cleaned all the 10K and 1K Decagon units and checked wires. The cams on the PU seem to be good. I did get a the bonus lite to come on (for the first bonus only) by doing a jump on the PU, but it didn't give the extra play, that is, it moved on to the next player when the ball drained. It hasn't given any extra balls to #2 otherwise.

#7 6 years ago

Victory! I mean, it's fixed. Re-did the solder on the C wire on #2 1K board. I'd noticed it was messy before, but it seemed solid. Obviously not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ta-no-hi-score-bonus-ball-on-2-and-limited-on-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.