10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jive
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

My Gottlieb Counterforce has been playing great, with no issues. The other day, I turn it on and notice the pop bumpers aren't working. Found both fuses were blown, so I replaced them. Now soon as you start a game, both pop bumpers lock on and stay energized. I have checked both pop bumper driver boards, and the transistors check out ok. Checked the plugs/wiring, and I do not see anything there either. The only thing I haven't checked is the diodes on the coils, which I will do. I did do all the grounding mods, just to eliminate that as an issue now, and for the future. Just find it odd that both are acting up at the same time. Is there anything else I should check?

2 weeks later
#7 10 years ago

Just about forgot to update this. Fixed the issue with the pop bumpers. Turns out there is a ground wire going back to a connector on the MPU board that was wonky. I had done all the system 80 ground mods, but didn't think about the pop bumper boards. I supposed it might be wise to run a separate ground wire to the common grounds I made doing the mods. Regardless, it is working fine now. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80counterforce-pop-bumper-issue?tu=Jive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.