Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Cheddar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

This was cross posted to the Facebook Pinball Repair Group. My apologies if you have already seen it there.

Troubleshooting the lack of speech on a Gottlieb MA886 from a TX Sector. The Marco test ROMs work as expected and I was able to verify the inputs and outputs.
The reset is working on both cpus and the clock signals are working as expected.
The data and address lines are pulsing on both cpus.
The sound ROMs have been verified.
I have a 200B Inductive Amplifier but I cannot find an audio signal on this board to see if the speech is dieing somewhere in the audio path.
It looks if I could see audio present anywhere on this board it would be at B1.
Any suggestions on how I can figure out where the speech is lost? TX is not the same without it.
This board has J7 but not J8. This is what is specified in the schematic and matches a Robowar sound card

#2 3 years ago

Rechecking the output from the test ROM. I am not seeing the spiking on S4-13. S4-11,12,15, and 15 are acting as expected

#3 3 years ago

Bump for the morning crowd.
Maybe I should have put this in alpha numeric instead. System 80 seems like early solid state to see me.

#4 3 years ago

I couldn't find a solution. Moved it on to another tech for fresh eyes

2 years later
#5 1 year ago

did u find out what the answer was? my robowar has the same issue and its NOS sound board just installed

#6 1 year ago

Make sure the jumpers are set according to the manual they should be in the bill of materials list

4 weeks later
#7 11 months ago

I sent it out for repair and he cleaned tarnish from the legs of the roms and so far it has worked well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80b-no-speech-ma-886- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.