Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ChrisHibler
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo_(4).JPG
photo_(3).JPG
photo_(2).JPG
photo_(1).JPG
photo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider natetheviking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So, I recently bought a Genesis which I understood wasn't exactly booting when I got it. He told me he had gotten it to boot by pushing on the piggyback chip on the MPU. I tried this myself but couldn't get it to do anything. So, I pulled the board out and removed the piggy back chip and found that along with a few lifted traces the position and pins where that chip plugs in is darker than the rest of the board. There's also a sort of residue around the pins. It almost looks like glue or something.

So, what is this indicative of and what steps do I need to take to correct it. ?

photo.JPG photo_(1).JPG

#5 6 years ago

Is the daughter board supposed to be soldered to the main board? I seem to recall something in the manual indicating something like this. At any rate, it definitely isn't. I'll clean the thing tonight when I get home from work and see if I get lucky.

Thanks for all the help; I certainly appreciate it.

#7 6 years ago

I'm not entirely sure how to answer this. Yes, it plugs into something that holds it into place on the board. It's seems like a loose fit. Do you mean that the socket would be a post-factory modification?

#11 6 years ago

I misremembered exactly which picture I was taking when I was taking them or I would have gotten a closer shot of it but there if definitely a socket there. And those legs are a little shaky.

photo_(2).JPG photo_(3).JPG

2 weeks later
#15 6 years ago

I'd been meaning to post a followup to this question but, of course, with the holidays I got sidetracked by everything.

Me and a buddy of mine got the board installed but what wasn't exactly clear in the pictures was the level of acid damage on the board. It didn't look too bad to me but was probably a contributing factor. At any rate, installed the daughter board, and added a battery pack, jumped that one trace you see in the photo and now it's running like a champ.

Thanks again for all the help.

photo_(4).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Saint Charles, MO
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
€ 8.40
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider natetheviking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside