Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by FTN_Ferry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

As the title indicates I'm experiencing a loss of volts from A2-J2 to A1-J1. I reflowed the solder for the header at J2 and have about 5.3v when the connector leading to J1 is plugged in and the DMM makes contact through the back of the connector housing. When I go to check voltage on A1 it is reading about 1.2v. Even when I check the voltage pinned into the connect at J1 it's about the same.

I've done the ground mod in the cabinet to connect all the wires to the transformer chassis as well as adding the extra ground wire to the A1-A3 connector. I'm waiting on an order to repin all of the connectors for all the boards. Should I even bother trying to trouble shoot this any further or just wait until I can repin everything?

I'm experiencing these issues on a project Gold Wings. The boards all appear to be clean and the battery had been removed from the MPU so there hasn't been any corrosion. Otherwise I'm just experiencing intermittent bulb flickering, random solenoid energising, and intermittent display flashing.

4 weeks later
#2 3 years ago

Gonna try bumping this...

1 month later
#3 3 years ago

Hey there..
Maybe you can try disconnecting a1j1 & a6j1& 1a4j1 .

If you power up is there 5v on the a2j2 (starting point)
Power doen again and connect only 1 connector. Measure again. And then an other connector.. then more together..
If the voltage drops then you're a step further.
You can also try to measure the leads from a2j2 to the other connectors. There are only 4, color 688 bl gr gr.
Do these ohms measurements powered off! If you can , try to leave the connector on the board and find the first point on the print. This way you can eliminate connectors..
Start at page 46 of the manual, all the numbers are there.

Keep us posted..
Good luck.

FTN_Ferry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80b-loss-of-5v-from-a2-j2-to-a1-j1- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.