2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Shogun00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Big House GI (resized).png
    Big House TransPanel (resized).png
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I have a Big House pinball. The lights for the pop up’s and and lights on the side of the roller over at the top of the game do not work along with 2lights before the number 2 ramp. These lights are generally supposed to be on all the time. There is nothing in the manual about these lights. I can not figure out how to get them to light. Everything else in the game works.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Are these supposed to be general illumination? If so find another bunch of GI thats working and jumper the bare wire on the working to the bare wire on these. If this works you don't have power to these bulbs. If it doesn't move the jumper from the bare wire to the tab on one of the sockets and do the same on these (disconnect both ends first). If they now work you have an issue with this group not returning (it's not ground as it's AC, but similar enough)

Also, do you know the sockets and bulbs are good in there?

#3 2 years ago

These are supposed to general illumination. Do not flash. So there is a total of 8 lights and none of them work.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbeck:

These are supposed to general illumination. Do not flash. So there is a total of 8 lights and none of them work.

GI lights are wired in multiple daisey chains. Check the wiring on all 8 light bulbs and see if wire color is all the same.

If they are all on the same chain, then it's most likely a blown fuse.

#5 2 years ago

All the same color wiring. I can not find where they get there power from. Nothing in the manual on these lights. All the fuses check out.

#6 2 years ago

OK It took a ton of time to track down but here it is:

GI power comes out of the transformer through F5 and controls the GI for the entire machine.
    Big House TransPanel (resized).pngBig House TransPanel (resized).png

So if any GI is on F5 is OK

Then it goes through a connector on Violet/Gray/Gray wires and returns on Black/Black/Black wires. And according to the schematic this is for all GI.
    Big House GI (resized).pngBig House GI (resized).png

SO my guess is there is a break in the line from the previous or next group to this group on either the V/G/G or B/B/B lines. You can ignore the Brown/red/Red wire as it just moves the power onto the next socket in the group.

It is possible there is a bad crimp on A12P1 or A9P5 but less likely that almost everything would be on one line except for these 8 sockets

#7 2 years ago

Thanks so much I will look into it

#8 2 years ago

FWIW, Pinwiki has an entire section on lamp troubleshooting for the System 80.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Lamp_problems

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80b-light-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.