Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Raff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Just dropping a quick post with info on the Gottlieb/Premier Hollywood Heat System 80B repair completed today. Has all original System 80B boards installed. Random resets/lockups at power up were occurring infrequently over the past year, steadily increasing in annoyance. Powered up for the Halloween party and when you started a game, if it completed booting properly and wasn't "in game" at power up, the game would lock up, end, reset, and other strange things. OK, time for action.

The fix today?

- completing the ground mods in the lower cabinet in removing the molex connectors and reestablishing a firm connection to ground for all returns

- re-flowing both connectors on the power supply with the large heat sink in the back box

- re-flowing connector pins on the small reset board attached to the side of the mpu

- cleaning all edge connectors on sound board, driver board, and mpu board (original patina here!)

- adding extra ground wire and voltage wire between driver board and mpu board (per ground mods procedure)

Boom!

Game is up and running perfect again.

Time to add NVRAM and free play roms to this bad boy and call it good until the daughter board needs the piggy deux mod

#2 6 years ago

I have one at the shop as we speak, can't wait.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Time to add NVRAM and free play roms to this bad boy and call it good

The free play roms are great. I have them on a couple of games.

I have not done the NVRAM on a Gottlieb before. I just slap in a Super Cap in place of the battery, rather than changing the ram; saves me some soldering.

#4 6 years ago

where can you buy the free play roms from if anyone can put a link up that would be great .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80b-hollywood-heat-repaired-today?hl=pinostalgia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.