Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mr2xbass
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr2xbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

Which game?
Have you done the ground mods?

On both the transformer and on the underside of the playfield (for most 80b's) should be listed what each fuse corresponds to. GI has its own, controlled lamps have their own, there are a couple different ones for different groups of solenoids. Tracing the flow backward, if it's not the fuse, next to check would be the pin harness on the driver board followed by associated resistors and transistors, then the associated 7417 IC...
On these Gottliebs, pops and slings are each driven by their own board (as opposed to the driver board), presumably somewhere underneath the pf.

With what you say how it seems to be a group of things not working, could easily be loose grounds.

#6 8 years ago

Four balls in the trough? While the flippers should work when the ball is in the shooter lane, they do not get power until a ball is in the shooter lane when a game is started. If the trough is not sending a ball through, the flippers will not power on, same for the pops and sling.

Quoted from sevenrites:

That solenoid (A-167570) looks burnt and melted.

Try this: take one ball out, press start. Three balls should be in the upper "waiting" area of the trough. Put the fourth ball in the shooter lane. Give'r a right-flipper-auto-plunge and see if it works.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

First, thank you to those who dove in here to help...

I saw your first post in the SYS1-80B club and was hesitant to reply there and was going to suggest you start a dedicated thread for the issue, glad to see you took the initiative to do it yourself.

#9 8 years ago

Yup. Without four balls, no game.

#11 8 years ago

SWEET! The best fix is when it's something easy that was overlooked. One time when working on my SB, I forgot to plug the main ground (A9J9) back in and freaked out for a minute because I had lost half my lights!

Now go for that SPECIAL shot! Great game. Meh theme, but great game!

#14 8 years ago

Could be a trough issue. If the first solenoid in the trough kicks the ball over and the middle gate doesn't keep it in the waiting area, it will fall back and the trough will think another ball has drained. Take the glass off and experiment around, manually trigger the 1,2,3 targets and various ball releases, see what you get.

#16 8 years ago

I'll 2xcheck tonight, but I'm almost positive #31 controls MB (4-1-1 [3ball] / 4-1-1-1-1 [5ball] vs 2-3-4 [3ball] / 2-2-3-3-4 [5ball]) and #32 toggles saving the advancement of the upper pf kicker amount from ball to ball.

In the left corner panel of the back box sHOULD be a little chart of general dip switch settings / what they control. 1-5, 9-13, and 17-21 control various coin-to-credit options. You won't (legally) find any digital file of any Gottlieb manual as the holders of the Gottlieb trademark and properties are strict on having anything out there for free.

Run test mode: When all the 4 balls are in the trough there should be 3 switches coming up as closed in the associated test mode screen, and I believe they are 75, 65, and 55.

You should be able to play when there is only one ball on the table. Can you upload a picture of the trough with the apron off and the balls removed? Top and bottom.

#18 8 years ago

Test mode is via one button located with the volume knob just inside the coin door.
(game has to be in attract mode to enter test mode and you'll need to flick open the slam switch to leave and return to attract, or cycle power, but the slam switch is quicker)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
RGP Models
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr2xbass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80b-help-needed?tu=mr2xbass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.